DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 134 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1382
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by comk4ver
    Has anyone worked both premium and corporate store any differences? Perks, pitfalls, suggestions?
    I'm not quite sure what exactly you are asking, but hopefully this will help.

I work for a vendor and our prices are almost always lower than at corporate. We give basic accessories with every phone, and with some Motorola phones come with a mail in rebate for M branded accessories.
    I've seen some corporate places try and tell people that we sell refurbished phones, but that is simply not true, at least for my store.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Moto X... The Game?
    No, I meant to work for as in a job. Is it better to work for a Premium retailer or corporate store?
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiescivic

I'm not quite sure what exactly you are asking, but hopefully this will help.

I work for a vendor and our prices are almost always lower than at corporate. We give basic accessories with every phone, and with some Motorola phones come with a mail in rebate for M branded accessories.
    I've seen some corporate places try and tell people that we sell refurbished phones, but that is simply not true, at least for my store.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by comk4ver View Post
    No, I meant to work for as in a job. Is it better to work for a Premium retailer or corporate store?
    I think it depends on the retailer. My company is okay, but I will never get a raise unless I move up in the company. I've heard that it's not so great to work at a corporate location, but again I think it all depends.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I'm looking to buy used 4g phone (Droid maxx). I'm currently under 3g unlimited plan. If I were to buy a used 4g phone and replace my old 3g phone, would it affect the unlimited status? When I was actively searching few months ago, I remember people saying it wouldn't. Is it still true?
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamjaeil
    I'm looking to buy used 4g phone (Droid maxx). I'm currently under 3g unlimited plan. If I were to buy a used 4g phone and replace my old 3g phone, would it affect the unlimited status? When I was actively searching few months ago, I remember people saying it wouldn't. Is it still true?
    Yes, buying a used phone or purchasing full retail is one of the best and easiest ways to make sure you keep your unlimited. Although there are other options that allow you to keep unlimited also.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Yes, buying a used phone or purchasing full retail is one of the best and easiest ways to make sure you keep your unlimited. Although there are other options that allow you to keep unlimited also.
    Oh could you elaborate on other options? O.O
  7. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Lol, I knew I was stepping into that.

Another option is if you have more than one line on your account, with an upgrade due. If one of those lines are tiered (limited) or is a dummy line (has no data), then you can transfer the upgrade to that tiered line, buy a phone at the subsidized price, then activate it on the tiered line/dummy line. If it's a tiered line, it will remain tiered and that line's contract will be updated. If it's a dummy line, then you will have to choose a tiered package fit that line. Once the new phone had been activated on the tiered or dummy line and that contract updated, you can switch the phone over to your unlimited line and keep unlimited. If it was a dummy line, after you move the new phone off that line and put the dummy phone back on that line, you can cancel the data package. BUT you have to make sure you activate the new phone on the tiered/dummy line first before you move it to the unlimited line.

Another option is if you have more than one line, both are unlimited but you don't mind that one of the lines becomes tiered (maybe that person hardly uses data at all). You can transfer the upgrade to that line, activate the new subsidized phone on that line, choose a tiered data package for that line, then once that is all done, you can move the new phone to the other line and keep unlimited on that line.

The last option (but the worst one) is to add a line, buy the new phone on that line, activate the new phone on the new line, choose a tiered package for that line and once that is all done, you can move the new phone to your unlimited line, put a dummy phone on the new line and cancel the data package on the new line (but you would still have a $10 monthly fee for that new line for two years...costing $240 for a line you may not need).
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Lol, I knew I was stepping into that.

Another option is if you have more than one line on your account, with an upgrade due. If one of those lines are tiered (limited) or is a dummy line (has no data), then you can transfer the upgrade to that tiered line, buy a phone at the subsidized price, then activate it on the tiered line/dummy line. If it's a tiered line, it will remain tiered and that line's contract will be updated. If it's a dummy line, then you will have to choose a tiered package fit that line. Once the new phone had been activated on the tiered or dummy line and that contract updated, you can switch the phone over to your unlimited line and keep unlimited. If it was a dummy line, after you move the new phone off that line and put the dummy phone back on that line, you can cancel the data package. BUT you have to make sure you activate the new phone on the tiered/dummy line first before you move it to the unlimited line.

Another option is if you have more than one line, both are unlimited but you don't mind that one of the lines becomes tiered (maybe that person hardly uses data at all). You can transfer the upgrade to that line, activate the new subsidized phone on that line, choose a tiered data package for that line, then once that is all done, you can move the new phone to the other line and keep unlimited on that line.

The last option (but the worst one) is to add a line, buy the new phone on that line, activate the new phone on the new line, choose a tiered package for that line and once that is all done, you can move the new phone to your unlimited line, put a dummy phone on the new line and cancel the data package on the new line (but you would still have a $10 monthly fee for that new line for two years...costing $240 for a line you may not need).
    Wow, I never knew about this. I might go with Razr M then haha. I'm sorry for asking another question but what would be the best way to go about doing this with using upgrade on dummy phone? over the phone? In store?
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    You can do it either way. Most reps are aware of the ability to do this but if not, you may have to enlighten them. Just remember that you must first activate the new phone on the line that will be tiered (limited). If you activate it on your unlimited data line first, it will force you to choose a tiered package causing you to lose the unlimited on that line.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Moto X... The Game?
    Went to corporate yesterday and was told that the account holder couldn't move his upgrade with $50 on it to another line, anyone know why? We have two dummy phones and two unlimited lines. We tried to move the upgrade to a dummy line that had just upgraded and we didn't think that we could move an upgrade to a line with an upgrade on it already. Ideas?

Links