DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 123 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1382
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    The rule (according to a Verizon rep), is that you have 2 months to reinstate the data plan to be able to recover your unlimited data grandfathering.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
    I heard 30 days..
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by iKN0WaGH0ST View Post
    I heard 30 days..
    90 days is what the rep told me on the phone 2 days ago.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by moody3829 View Post
    Question about data plans...

I have a friend who is ready to make the jump into the Android world. He is worried about the amount of data he is going to use. Is it possible to start our with a 2GB plan and move to a higher plan if 2 GB turns out to be not enough?

He wants to go to Sprints' unlimited data plan, but I am trying to talk him to staying with big red.
    VZW Rep here as well. We've got double the data going on, so in getting a 4G device he would get 4GB of data instead of the usual 2GB. And you can definately change your data package anytime needed.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Yes but make sure that he gets the Rep to either back date the switch to a different data plan or make it come into effect on the new billing cycle.

Verizon is bad about charging you pro rated data and then charging you for the new plan. It never comes out right that first month you have it.

X
    -Brad
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid X2

Question What's the difference between 3G 'unlimited web srv & a 'data' plan with data limits?

Hi, can you help clarify a question for me?

What is the difference between Verizon's 'unlimited' 3G (web & msg) service which is available on a prepaid monthly basis for smartphones at $30/mo and the 'data' plans that everyone is talking about and which Verizon charges different prices (much more it looks like!) for according to the amount of data used?

I have a droid x2 that i'm hoping to use to access the web and don't need any voice-calling minutes because i'm still on a T-Mobile contract and will use that for calls.
    I've been trying to see on the Verizon webpage under the description of services (very confusing & "pushy" page navigation thank you very much!...seems like it's done on purpose too! :-(

I don't have any desire to watch movies or stream video or download large files or need facebook or send pictures or hardly anything like that. But I'm really interested in using the GPS/Maps capability for like when I sometimes am driving to an appointment and need directions to get somewhere and I don't know where a business or address is located or how the streets run which happens a lot. Also, mostly I need to be able to check email during the day when I'm in the car or away from the house at a friends house and it isn't convenient to use a notebook like at a coffee shop or hotspots and similar places. And I can also expect to want to see what the national and world news headlines are maybe a few times a day (like with GoogleNews). -- Most of these things I've doen usually with my notebook computer...but that's not all that convenient when you're stuck in traffic or in a store shopping and someone needs to reach me (like with a text message). How does the amount of data used for that type of thing anything different from the 2/3/4/5 GB 'limited' data that is with the so-called "data" plans?

I can't afford to have 2 different costly phone contract obilgations with 2 different services at the same time... so I'm trying to see if maybe i could use the prepaid Verizon 3G service until later on next year. Everyone seems to say that with a smartphone you're required to pay for a data-plan on every calling plan. But nowhere is it clear whether I could use my Droid for those kinds of things i mentioned without having to pay for calling minutes.

Is that possible?

Thank you,
    didi
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Text Only Messaging Plans from Verizon Wireless That. was. hard. to. find. I don't know why, but there is no ONLY data plans that I could find, I'd still call in and ask, I did find messaging only plans that have data though.
    Running SS5.6/Cushzero 2.3.7
    Loving the Gingerbread deliciousness
    O/C 1.1 Ghz Chevy low voltage kernal.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by googlelover View Post
    Text Only Messaging Plans from Verizon Wireless That. was. hard. to. find. I don't know why, but there is no ONLY data plans that I could find, I'd still call in and ask, I did find messaging only plans that have data though.
    Yes I can certainly imagine THAT! -- I can't understand why I've always had trouble finding out answers from verizon. I finally was able to get someone on the phone after 3 different calls and 2 transfers to a different rep. But then Even she couldn't answer my question about a just getting the prepaid data-only service -- and ultimately had to find out from somebody else!

Anyway... I was told that NO verizon does NOT let you get just the prepaid data part. You have to first buy the voice part too. This is just like everyone says about trying to get voice w/o data! They just won't offer their customers to have it that way! Just Not going to happen!!

-- Q?: But why then are all of the "marketing" splashes and come-ons (especially on the website) so dripping with huge efforts to entice the public to percieve that you can tailor different services to suit your needs with all kinds of 'options' and stuff to choose from???

FancyDance marketing baloney! -- It just turns me off! I'll bet a lot of other people too. Such a silly & contemptuous 'services business' marketing mentality!

I don't think i want to be just another stupid lemming in their herd of catt..... oh nevermind.

Thanks for the reply.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDJ View Post
    Yes I can certainly imagine THAT! -- I can't understand why I've always had trouble finding out answers from verizon. I finally was able to get someone on the phone after 3 different calls and 2 transfers to a different rep. But then Even she couldn't answer my question about a just getting the prepaid data-only service -- and ultimately had to find out from somebody else!

Anyway... I was told that NO verizon does NOT let you get just the prepaid data part. You have to first buy the voice part too. This is just like everyone says about trying to get voice w/o data! They just won't offer their customers to have it that way! Just Not going to happen!!

-- Q?: But why then are all of the "marketing" splashes and come-ons (especially on the website) so dripping with huge efforts to entice the public to percieve that you can tailor different services to suit your needs with all kinds of 'options' and stuff to choose from???

FancyDance marketing baloney! -- It just turns me off! I'll bet a lot of other people too. Such a silly & contemptuous 'services business' marketing mentality!

I don't think i want to be just another stupid lemming in their herd of catt..... oh nevermind.

Thanks for the reply.
    Yeah Verizons expensive, but my gma's been with them for 10 years, we have 25% off, and 10 dollar unlimited data plans for 3 smartphones with 1400 minutes, only 140 a month. Just when you see a promotion for Verizon jump on it, it can save a lot of money! Well thats how I justify staying with Verizon, otherwise I'd feel like I was wasting tons of money..
    Running SS5.6/Cushzero 2.3.7
    Loving the Gingerbread deliciousness
    O/C 1.1 Ghz Chevy low voltage kernal.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Rooted Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by tylonal View Post
    its ALLLL about the money. as of jan 18th, the env3 (among others) now requires a data plan in order to be anything but a paperweight. BUT if you had one active before then, you are safely grandfatherd.
    to answer your q....yes it is possible, and no, it does not REQUIRE a data plan, in fact, no phone REQUIRES a data plan....but....verizon DOES require it to have one. cuz they want more money.
    i hate to say it. but that is the simple truth. if you want one of those "semi-smart" phones, you gotta pony up that extra $10 per month.

also, yes. just like the phones, verizon can not MAKE you switch plans. if you are on a plan, you can stay on it as long as you want. even if it is no longer offered....but if you renew your contract by getting a new phone with your new every two, or annual upgrade discount, then you are subject to change on your pplan.
    Can we get a smart,phone by opening a newnline then move the number over to a old cell,like og razr and pay no data at all??

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    rayr0d
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDJ View Post
    Hi, can you help clarify a question for me?

What is the difference between Verizon's 'unlimited' 3G (web & msg) service which is available on a prepaid monthly basis for smartphones at $30/mo and the 'data' plans that everyone is talking about and which Verizon charges different prices (much more it looks like!) for according to the amount of data used?

I have a droid x2 that i'm hoping to use to access the web and don't need any voice-calling minutes because i'm still on a T-Mobile contract and will use that for calls.
    I've been trying to see on the Verizon webpage under the description of services (very confusing & "pushy" page navigation thank you very much!...seems like it's done on purpose too! :-(

I don't have any desire to watch movies or stream video or download large files or need facebook or send pictures or hardly anything like that. But I'm really interested in using the GPS/Maps capability for like when I sometimes am driving to an appointment and need directions to get somewhere and I don't know where a business or address is located or how the streets run which happens a lot. Also, mostly I need to be able to check email during the day when I'm in the car or away from the house at a friends house and it isn't convenient to use a notebook like at a coffee shop or hotspots and similar places. And I can also expect to want to see what the national and world news headlines are maybe a few times a day (like with GoogleNews). -- Most of these things I've doen usually with my notebook computer...but that's not all that convenient when you're stuck in traffic or in a store shopping and someone needs to reach me (like with a text message). How does the amount of data used for that type of thing anything different from the 2/3/4/5 GB 'limited' data that is with the so-called "data" plans?

I can't afford to have 2 different costly phone contract obilgations with 2 different services at the same time... so I'm trying to see if maybe i could use the prepaid Verizon 3G service until later on next year. Everyone seems to say that with a smartphone you're required to pay for a data-plan on every calling plan. But nowhere is it clear whether I could use my Droid for those kinds of things i mentioned without having to pay for calling minutes.

Is that possible?

Thank you,
    didi
    Hi - The unlimited prepaid plan for $50 monthly does not apply to smartphones. You would have to get one of the monthly plans that mirror the 2yr single plans but add $5 - I.E - 450 min plan - $39.99 on Prepaid $44.99 monthly. On top of that you would have to add the $30 monthly smartphone plan which is still unlimited. Overall you are at $75 monthly without a text plan on prepaid.

As far as using your phone, Data only - Call Customer Service - If they are still available for consumer lines, they will be the best bet to confirm and get it done for you.

Good luck!
    Sharing is Caring

Links