DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 12 of 139 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by txarsoncop View Post
    Dec 9 wifey and I went VZW from Sprint. She got Moto Droid, I got Eris. We're on the 'Nationwide basic share 700' so it's $60 + $9.99 + $29.99x2 Plus we paid $200 for her phone and $100 for mine. Now I'm seeing all these commercials for 'Buy a Droid get an Eris free' and 'Nationwide unlimited for $69.'

Of course I saw these after we passed our 30 day period but do ya'll think it's possible to get any discount from CS? Would swapping to the new unlimited plan be worth it or is there some 'catch' I'm missing?

Thanks!
    You are outside the 30 days so there is no way for you to get any type of discount as far as the phone goes. And as far as the unlimited plans the 69.99 plan is for single line voice only. Family shares are 119.99 for the first 2 lines and 49.99 for each additional secondary line. I would not recommend going up for you because its not going to be worth the money, unless your actually going to need the minutes.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ok guys, some news about tethering. (i will post this in another thread or two probably as well)

the BIG question seems to be, TETHERING. i believe that was also the last quesiton i attempted to answer on here. i DO HAVE SOME NEWS on it now.
    not officially somthing offered thru verizon, and you all know that tethering is possible at the moment by way of rooting your phone, however there is an app out there, LOOK IT UP PEOPLE, called "PDANET". it does NOT require your phone to be rooted, and is totally legit. it uses the phones data plan as the way to get the internet to your computer. has tethering and bluetooth options to hook up to your computer.
    i know it works because i am currently using it to type this (just moved and was looking for alternatives to paying $50 per month thru comcast...) found this thru a fellow vzw friend, and voila! im on the internet. HIGHSPEED BROADBAND baby!
    go check it out guys! let me know any flaws/problems with it (just for curiosities sake)
    Tylonal
    Every obnoxious act is a cry for help.

----Zig Ziglar
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    I've been using PDANet on my WinMo phone forever and its awesome! Works great, seamless connection. It's what I'll use when I pick my Droid up next month. Well worth the small investment.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    I've been using PDANet on my WinMo phone forever and its awesome! Works great, seamless connection. It's what I'll use when I pick my Droid up next month. Well worth the small investment.
    absolutly! and the thing is, its FREE! after the "trial version" is expiered, you can continue to use it free of charge, the only exception being that you cannot load "secured" web sites. lol small price to pay for those of us who cant part with a single penny. but, if you NEED those sites, than you just buy the full version at a one time $30 price (or somthing like that) and then your done!
    Every obnoxious act is a cry for help.

----Zig Ziglar
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    Quote Originally Posted by xjman349 View Post
    < wow nerd. Lte things may change as well keep your eyes peeled.

• <3 Me some WoW. For the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by tylonal View Post
    "PDANET". it does NOT require your phone to be rooted, and is totally legit. it uses the phones data plan as the way to get the internet to your computer.

• Does this mean if we got caught with it, we wouldn't get in trouble with VZW?
    • What is the difference between using this program and going the rooted route?

Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post
    I have 5 lines, but one of them isn't being used. What I want to do is transfer that phone's plan to an older phone of mine and disable the $9.99 data plan.
    You absolutely can. The Voyager does not require a data plan.

• Can you have more than 5 lines yet? If not, is Verizon considering opening that up?
    • Is there a list that tells us what phones require the $9.99 data package? Specifically I am looking at the enV3.
    • What if the phone was on the plan before the new requirement for data went into effect?

Damnit, I want a t-shirt. Hook me up. lol

Thanks for all the help
    Last edited by nerdbox08; 02-02-2010 at 12:37 AM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    For the horde is right.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    < wow nerd. Lte things may change as well keep your eyes peeled.

• <3 Me some WoW. For the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by tylonal View Post
    "PDANET". it does NOT require your phone to be rooted, and is totally legit. it uses the phones data plan as the way to get the internet to your computer.

• Does this mean if we got caught with it, we wouldn't get in trouble with VZW?
    • What is the difference between using this program and going the rooted route?

Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post
    I have 5 lines, but one of them isn't being used. What I want to do is transfer that phone's plan to an older phone of mine and disable the $9.99 data plan.
    You absolutely can. The Voyager does not require a data plan.

• Can you have more than 5 lines yet? If not, is Verizon considering opening that up?
    • Is there a list that tells us what phones require the $9.99 data package? Specifically I am looking at the enV3.
    • What if the phone was on the plan before the new requirement for data went into effect?

Damnit, I want a t-shirt. Hook me up. lol

Thanks for all the help
    For the tethering question, PDA Net is a third party application that does not require any modifications to the phone that void the warranty of the phone, they may try some recourse on doing that but I cannot see how Verizon has much ground to stand on because if they would go after you for that they would then have to go after you for downloading ring tones through third party applications or using google voice instead of calling from the phone. The difference with rooting is that you can use the Droid as a wireless hot spot, in other words you don't need to plug your phone into the computer, your computer will see it on its wireless networks.

As far as the plans go, you are only allowed 5 lines on a family share and there is no information that that is going to change anytime soon. As far as phones that are now requiring the data packages that is pretty easy to figure out, if you go to VerizonWireless.com and view the phones they are broke into 3 categories: 3G Smartphones, 3G Multimedia Phones, and Simple Feature Phones. The 3G Smartphones require the $29.99 or $44.99 data packages for Blackberries and for PDA phones. The 3G Multimedia Phones require atleast a $9.99 for 25MB of data usage which includes mobile email or they can also have a $29.99 unlimited data feature that also includes mobile email. The Simple Feature Phones are the phones that DO NOT require any data packages. As far as the enV3 is concerned it does require at least the $9.99 data plan because it is considered a 3G Multimedia device. If the phone was on the plan before the requirement and is going onto the SAME EXACT PHONE LINE then the data package is not required, but if the phone is moving to any other number on the account it WILL require that $9.99 data plan and once doing so if you move it back to the original line it will also then require the $9.99 data feature.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    .The 3G Multimedia Phones require atleast a $9.99 for 25MB of data usage which includes mobile email or they can also have a $29.99 unlimited data feature that also includes mobile email.
    What is the difference between mobile email and mobile web mail?
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    .The 3G Multimedia Phones require atleast a $9.99 for 25MB of data usage which includes mobile email or they can also have a $29.99 unlimited data feature that also includes mobile email.
    There isn't a difference Mobile Email is a program that non PDA/Blackberry phones use to sync email with the device.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    There isn't a difference Mobile Email is a program that non PDA/Blackberry phones use to sync email with the device.
    Also to add to this, Mobile Email is an actual application that fetches E-mail. Without the plan its usually $5 just for the app. If you have the data plan the $5 is waived.

Links