DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 114 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1382
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

  1. Master Droid
    vatothe0's Avatar
    Member #
    13737
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    615
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Nothing has changed regarding the use of an upgrade for a different line. Verizon allows you to do it directly through their website. All it does is save you the hassle of activating it on the eligible number then shuffling things around so the new phone is on the line of your choice.

    You can do that after upgrading through a 3rd party dealer but their policies may charge you for doing so.

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
  2. jmw
    jmw is offline
    Junior Droid
    jmw's Avatar
    Member #
    72850
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    Moto Droid- Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by vatothe0 View Post
    Nothing has changed regarding the use of an upgrade for a different line. Verizon allows you to do it directly through their website. All it does is save you the hassle of activating it on the eligible number then shuffling things around so the new phone is on the line of your choice.

    You can do that after upgrading through a 3rd party dealer but their policies may charge you for doing so.

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    Thanks vatothe,
    I know I can upgrade directly through Verizon, but they are charging $170 for the DI2 and that phone is available for free or $50 on other third party vendors. Do you know of any third party vendors that do not charge for switching the phone from one line to another line in a verizon family plan? Thanks,
    Michael
  3. Master Droid
    vatothe0's Avatar
    Member #
    13737
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    615
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I don't keep track of the terms on 3rd party sites.

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
  4. Master Droid
    gsu_golfer's Avatar
    Member #
    141871
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    597
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jmw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vatothe0 View Post
    Nothing has changed regarding the use of an upgrade for a different line. Verizon allows you to do it directly through their website. All it does is save you the hassle of activating it on the eligible number then shuffling things around so the new phone is on the line of your choice.

    You can do that after upgrading through a 3rd party dealer but their policies may charge you for doing so.

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    Thanks vatothe,
    I know I can upgrade directly through Verizon, but they are charging $170 for the DI2 and that phone is available for free or $50 on other third party vendors. Do you know of any third party vendors that do not charge for switching the phone from one line to another line in a verizon family plan? Thanks,
    Michael
    Amazon

    Sent from my SPH-P100 using DroidForums
  5. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Amazon will charge you a penalty if you switch the phone to another line. It used too not be clear in their terms and I called to make sure it would not be a problem but sure enough, it would be a $250 penalty. They now do have that in their terms. Costco I believe does not have a penalty if you switch.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  6. Droid
    tkuligowski's Avatar
    Member #
    206543
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    60
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I have a unlimited data plan on my EnV Touch which was one of the "multimedia phones" from a couple years ago. Verizon is doing tiered data plans in July except the rumor is that people that have existing data plans will not be forced to change. My questions is does my data plan qualify? Or do I have to have a smart phone before july that will change it to a "smart phone data package?" I thought the unlimited data package was the same for whatever phone but If I have to run out and get a smart phone before July I may do that. I was hoping to get the bionic but his could change things.
  7. Master Droid
    gsu_golfer's Avatar
    Member #
    141871
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    597
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Amazon will charge you a penalty if you switch the phone to another line. It used too not be clear in their terms and I called to make sure it would not be a problem but sure enough, it would be a $250 penalty. They now do have that in their terms. Costco I believe does not have a penalty if you switch.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
    Must be a random thing then.

    Sent from my SPH-P100 using DroidForums
  8. Master Droid
    9wire's Avatar
    Member #
    122115
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    333
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    GNex
    I recently changed my plan from unlimited to family share, and not until over a month later I found out I fat thumbed a friends number er when I put it on my lit, and got a $575 bill from being over my minutes. After talking to 2 different people they said the best they can do is give me a free month. Any options here? 99% of my calls were that number, everybody else I call is either family or another vzw number, that's why I changed my plan to begin with.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  9. Master Droid
    vatothe0's Avatar
    Member #
    13737
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    615
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by 9wire View Post
    I recently changed my plan from unlimited to family share, and not until over a month later I found out I fat thumbed a friends number er when I put it on my lit, and got a $575 bill from being over my minutes. After talking to 2 different people they said the best they can do is give me a free month. Any options here? 99% of my calls were that number, everybody else I call is either family or another vzw number, that's why I changed my plan to begin with.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Keep better track of your usage? A free month is better than what Verizon is obligated to give you....
  10. Droid Newbie
    margareth's Avatar
    Member #
    208617
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    What can I learn about the advantages of the droids in this thread ?



Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New Moto Droid user. General questions.
    By IggyBcool in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 11:59 AM
  2. General Questions
    By rjenk in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 09:39 PM
  3. Just a few general questions
    By Feanux in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 10:18 AM
  4. some general questions after a week
    By Jack in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 01:26 PM
  5. A Few General Questions ... Please Help!
    By scher215 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 09:20 AM

Search tags for this page

888-832-4540

,

888-844-7095

,

nationwide business talk 200

,
nationwide business talk 200 verizon
,

nationwide for business talk 200 share

,

nationwide for business talk shareplan 200

,
verizon announcement 1 switch 189-101
,

verizon nationwide business talk 200

,
verizon nationwide business talk 200 share
,
verizon nationwide for business talk shareplan 200
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+