DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't Just Be Me...

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Can't Just Be Me...

*sigh*

Droid numero quatro is on the fritz. The mic is going out on me (just like the last three) and people are starting to complain about bad feedback. This happens everywhere I go and regardless of who I am calling.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix? VZW actually just offered me the Palm Pre Plus instead of dealing with this issue (again). I don't want to leave Droid! I want a Droid that works!

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything, I'm really curious.. do you have a pacemaker or some electronic prosthetic or something that makes you.. different? Cuz I mean.. four?? I would think it has to be something with either you, or somewhere your droid is often.. like a huge magnet in the house? Ham radio equipment? Do you test microwaves for a living? J/k.. but really.. four?
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  4. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    gotta be your work environment or something. no one can be THAT unlucky
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Considering that the problem you're describing is not a common one with Droids, and this is now your 4th Droid with this uncommon problem, I have to agree with the 2 above posters that there's something going on with either you or your environment.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Obviously no one in this thread is trying to help you fix your problem but I will try.

Most likely if not living or working environment it is an app you have installed that you have not yet observed mess with calling features. This happens to me with speaker phone and 3 way calling sometimes.

What apps do you have installed that could be harmful?
    "There is DOES and IDONT no try."
    You get the idea--- DROID DOES
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola Droid
    I got my droid like a few days ago, and i am also having problems with people not hearing me or vice versa.. When i open my voicemail the voicemail machine even cuts off on me.... i also hear static sometimes.. I live in NYC.. =/
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    i have a similar prob, but only when i use my phone near my computer while connected to my network extender for some reason
  9. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    the reason we really can't help is because it sounds like it's a hardware problem. when it comes to hardware problems we always say, get it replaced.

i'm still going to say it's his work environment or something he's always around, considering this is his 4th Droid. Even if it was say a hardware issue, it shouldn't happen 3 times, well now 4.

Can you tell us what environment you work in or what you have in your household that may interfere? (I'm more surprised that Verizon hasn't asked you these kinds of questions, you seem to be a regular there at the rate you're going at)
  10. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Anyone having an audio problem regarding static or not being heard by another caller should try dialing *228 and updating the roaming capabilities. (Check out one of the stickies, there's a Verizon tech on this forum, his sticky has a bunch of directions/solutions)

As for the OP, you must've tried this multiple times considering you had 4 different Droids.
  11. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    I would do a factory reset it and NOT install any apps for a couple days.

Are you running the EXACT SAME set-up on this device as the previous devices?

By feedback do you mean echo or actual feedback (buzzing)?

In the meantime list ALL your apps/widgets on your device and what widget(s) you leave running.

This looks like an app/widget issue
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links