DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Lock screen inexplicably changed

  1. Junior Droid
    Arachnyd's Avatar
    Member #
    12900
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    Lock screen inexplicably changed

    I have always had my lock screen as the default slider, but it has suddenly changed to the pattern screen. I have never actually set a pattern, so all I have to do is touch the screen and it unlocks. I went into Settings -> Location and Security but I can't find a way to set it back to the original slider. Does anyone know how to do this?
  2. Rescue Squad
    Jonny Kansas's Avatar
    Member #
    29890
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    2,684
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnyd View Post
    I have always had my lock screen as the default slider, but it has suddenly changed to the pattern screen. I have never actually set a pattern, so all I have to do is touch the screen and it unlocks. I went into Settings -> Location and Security but I can't find a way to set it back to the original slider. Does anyone know how to do this?
    Wow...Good question. If you never set a password, the choice to require the pattern isn't even available to make in the settings...

    Have you tried creating one and then disabling the require option? Not sure if it'll work, but it's worth a try...
  3. Master Droid
    hacku's Avatar
    Member #
    23421
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ.
    Posts
    549
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #3
    Settings > Location and Security

    Uncheck "Require Pattern".
  4. Master Droid
    CatsTide's Avatar
    Member #
    490
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bama
    Posts
    629
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    incredible HTC droid
    #4
    battery pull???
  5. Rescue Squad
    Jonny Kansas's Avatar
    Member #
    29890
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    2,684
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CatsTide View Post
    battery pull???
    That's my next suggestion. Figured the easiest way should be first. Hate to say it, but after battery pull, it's factory reset...Unless anyone has a better idea.
  6. Premium Member
    Sam's Avatar
    Member #
    16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    dirty dirty
    Posts
    3,471
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #6
    hold up guys.. he CAN get it to unlock.. that's not the problem.. he just wants the screen back to what it was. hacku has the right solution (i think)
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  7. Rescue Squad
    Jonny Kansas's Avatar
    Member #
    29890
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    2,684
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    hold up guys.. he CAN get it to unlock.. that's not the problem.. he just wants the screen back to what it was. hacku has the right solution (i think)
    Well, I assumed that, because he said he'd gone into settings>location and security, he'd seen that part and it WAS unchecked...

    The pattern can't be set to be required unless one was setup, and he swears he never set one up.

    If all he has to do is touch the screen, a pattern has not been set correctly, because the pattern requires you connect at least four dots before it will let you save it.

    This is why my first suggestion was to create a pattern and then uncheck the box. If it's currently dimmed out because he never set one, that's the best way to gain access to the option of requiring a pattern or not...right...?

    Not trying to start an argument by any means, just clarifying what I understood from reading his post and why I suggested what I did in the order that I did!

    Glad to know you're looking out!
  8. Premium Member
    Sam's Avatar
    Member #
    16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    dirty dirty
    Posts
    3,471
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Kansas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    hold up guys.. he CAN get it to unlock.. that's not the problem.. he just wants the screen back to what it was. hacku has the right solution (i think)
    Well, I assumed that, because he said he'd gone into settings>location and security, he'd seen that part and it WAS unchecked...

    The pattern can't be set to be required unless one was setup, and he swears he never set one up.

    If all he has to do is touch the screen, a pattern has not been set correctly, because the pattern requires you connect at least four dots before it will let you save it.

    This is why my first suggestion was to create a pattern and then uncheck the box. If it's currently dimmed out because he never set one, that's the best way to gain access to the option of requiring a pattern or not...right...?

    Not trying to start an argument by any means, just clarifying what I understood from reading his post and why I suggested what I did in the order that I did!

    Glad to know you're looking out!
    oh yeah, you are right.. i was talking about the battery pull and reset suggestions. those aren't necessary, but you are right on
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  9. Master Droid
    CatsTide's Avatar
    Member #
    490
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bama
    Posts
    629
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    incredible HTC droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

    oh yeah, you are right.. i was talking about the battery pull and reset suggestions. those aren't necessary, but you are right on
    battery pulls are fun and easy and often help
  10. Rescue Squad
    Jonny Kansas's Avatar
    Member #
    29890
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    2,684
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by CatsTide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

    oh yeah, you are right.. i was talking about the battery pull and reset suggestions. those aren't necessary, but you are right on
    battery pulls are fun and easy and often help
    Haha! Yeah...They are...But I'd try the easy way first and monkey with the settings. No need going overboard until it's time...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Lock Screen
    By jphudy in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 07:32 PM
  2. Change Lock screen
    By grnjetta6 in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 09:39 AM
  3. My New Lock Screen
    By taypotts in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 01:08 PM
  4. Lock Screen
    By travis134 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 10:23 PM
  5. lock screen
    By serika in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 12:02 PM

Search tags for this page

android lock screen suddenly changed

,

droid x lock screen changed itself

,

how do you 3 finger salute a droid x

,

lock screen passcode has suddenly changed

,

lock screen problems changed

,

lock screen suddenly changed

,

my lock screen changed by itself on s4

,

pattern lock screen wont uncheck

,

screen lock android suddently

,

suddenly my droid has a lock screen

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+