DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the screen Glass or Plastic?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by tensai View Post
    The ONLY thing i like about the iphone is its glass screen, which means no need for a screen protector, and no scratches.

Can we get a final answer as to what the screen is on the droid?
    Thanks
    Motorola recommends that no screen protector be used.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by romeov View Post
    Insurance doesn't cover scratches, or appearance defects. it covers the phone breaking or not working properly. A cracked screen, yes, I believe.. but a scratched screen? I don't believe so.
    oops i lost my phone call in get a new one.. been there done that..
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by eL777 View Post
    Ya, had a defective droid so I knew that one was going back to verizon/motorola anyway, so I thought hell.. why not try it out before I take it back, and that's what I did. Glad it helped.
    should stick in a glass jar with keys change pocket knife pocket lint and shake for like five mins. and see how it turns out..i remeber the storm1 some did that. whats wrong with the Droid?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eL777 View Post
    Ya, had a defective droid so I knew that one was going back to verizon/motorola anyway, so I thought hell.. why not try it out before I take it back, and that's what I did. Glad it helped.
    should stick in a glass jar with keys change pocket knife pocket lint and shake for like five mins. and see how it turns out..i remeber the storm1 some did that. whats wrong with the Droid?
    lol that's nuts, I wouldve tried that but I got my new droid already and I think I'll pass
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Damn, so I paid $3 for a screen protector for nothing??!! I don't see any clarity loss to be honest.. only thing that bugs me is the cheap ones that you get at the store..the 3 pack..man they pick up my finger oil so badly! I am constantly wiping the screen. Does the screen glass pick up oil off of fingers quickly?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I just had ghost armor installed at Best Buy for mine and there is no clarity loss at all. It looks fantastic. But had I known the glass screen was that scratch resistant I wouldn't have done it!
  7. BzB
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    personally i don't use screen protectors. mainly because the glass is durable enough that it doesn't need one and also because i don't like having an added layer over the screen.

although the rest of the phone is primarily metal it's more likely to see gouges and scratches than the screen. we'll see how well the bezel and case hold up to daily wear and tear.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Insurance doesn't cover scratches, or appearance defects. it covers the phone breaking or not working properly. A cracked screen, yes, I believe.. but a scratched screen? I don't believe so.
    That actually works? I highly doubt they would just say "Really? ok! we'll send your new $600 phone out immediately! if you lose this one as well in the next week, we'll send five more just to be extra sure you have enough!"
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    That actually works? I highly doubt they would just say "Really? ok! we'll send your new $600 phone out immediately! if you lose this one as well in the next week, we'll send five more just to be extra sure you have enough!"
    If you are paying for the insurance, yes they will. You can make two claims per year, and must pay a $90.00 deductible. However the insurance must be added in the first 30 days of having the phone. I lost my iphone twice and this is a huge advantage that a lot of people don't mention. There is no way to insure your iPhone through apple. Verizon will help you get insurance on the phone through ascurion. Its 6.99 or 7.99 for the tec which is total equipment coverage. That extends the manufactures warranty another year and insures the phone.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Wow, thanks for the detailed info. I can't believe poeple aren't absuing this and making 500 bucks off each phone.

Then again there is the ESN issue.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links