I setup the Yahoo mail when I got my Droid last month. I am having an issue where the emails I compose on the Droid are not being sent, but are just sitting in the "Outbox" and not going in my "Sent Mail."
I followed these directions to setup up Yahoo on my Droid:
To set up Yahoo E-Mail on the Motorola Droid:
Any thoughts on what I can do? Should I use a different server for sending emails? I can send emails just fine from my Gmail account. Thanks in advance!
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off
- Press the E-Mail icon (the default Android E-Mail application)
- Enter your Yahoo E-Mail address and password
- Press “Manual Setup” in the lower left hand corner
- For “Incoming Server Settings” set the IMAP server to “imap.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 143
- For “Outgoing Server Settings” set the SMTP Server to “smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 587
- Check “Require sign-in” and press Next
- Select how often your Droid will check for Email, and choose default options
- Give the account a name and set your display name for outgoing messages