DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance Policy for VZW & Asurion

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droidzilla
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
    Nevermind. You are right. I guess I am grandfathered, as my deductible is 50.

If other folks want to check:

Verizon Lookup
    I had added the useful links from the get go on the post, the lookup was one of them :P
    Yeah but I only read the first, middle and last word of posts. I can't be expected to read everything
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    Nevermind. You are right. I guess I am grandfathered, as my deductible is 50.

If other folks want to check:

Verizon Lookup
    I had added the useful links from the get go on the post, the lookup was one of them :P
    Yeah but I only read the first, middle and last word of posts. I can't be expected to read everything
    Touche! lol
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by aacanela73 View Post
    I work for a Verizon Premium Retailor and we offer our customers an insurance that in my opinion is 100 times better then Asurion. You should check it out. protectcell better prices, lower deductables, and they never kick you out after any claims. I have it on all five of my phones. When I swiched from my Curve to the Droid it was just a five minute phonecall to switch the Phones Its a great company to work with.

Where can I find this information so I can edit the original post?

It would be nice to offer different options.
    www.protectcell.com
    You know you should look for the humor in everything because you look much sexier when you smile!!!
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3

www.protectcell.com
    I looked at this after your initial post but there doesn't seem to be a way to enroll other than going to a dealer (and there's not one anywhere near me). Should I decide to take the drive will they be able to enroll me there (I bought the device from VZW at a corporate store) or did I have to purchase the device through the store/outlet?
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
    been debating if i want to keep the asurion. with the $89 deductible, it seems high. after having it for a yr anyways, you can buy the phone at non full price. probably the $199. so basically for $100 more, you get a brand new one. i dunno..i need to break down the math.
    I thought you had to keep it until the end of your contract term to be eligible for a renewal discount. At 2 years, I believe the price was in the neighborhood of $199, and with a 1 year contract, its probably substantially higher, considering the phone is several hundred ($600-$700) outright.

And I personally think that an $89 deductible for a brand new replacement phone is a pretty decent deal if something happens to a covered phone. But that seems rather steep for a refurbished phone, which is typically Asurion's M.O.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by KZIWarrior View Post

www.protectcell.com
    I looked at this after your initial post but there doesn't seem to be a way to enroll other than going to a dealer (and there's not one anywhere near me). Should I decide to take the drive will they be able to enroll me there (I bought the device from VZW at a corporate store) or did I have to purchase the device through the store/outlet?
    I would give them a call before you take the trip. I can sell this insurance to anyone within the first thirty days of thier phone purchase. I can even sell to cover an iphone so it is not limited to just the verizon dealers. I would just call and see. I know that our restrictions on selling it is very limited. We even had fun and called the local ATT dealer and asked them if they could insure the iphones and they said no so we told them to send all thier new iphone customers down to us to get them covered. They didn't think it was funny.
    You know you should look for the humor in everything because you look much sexier when you smile!!!
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    I would give them a call before you take the trip. I can sell this insurance to anyone within the first thirty days of thier phone purchase. I can even sell to cover an iphone so it is not limited to just the verizon dealers. I would just call and see. I know that our restrictions on selling it is very limited. We even had fun and called the local ATT dealer and asked them if they could insure the iphones and they said no so we told them to send all thier new iphone customers down to us to get them covered. They didn't think it was funny.

I am going to call and get info Monday when their phone support is on, but as a rep you can only add the insurance within 30 days? Is this a total limitation or just from your end?
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    I work for a Verizon Premium Retailor and we offer our customers an insurance that in my opinion is 100 times better then Asurion.
    Is it charged to the VZW bill?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.

www.protectcell.com
    Did you try calling? I am going to attempt again on Monday. I was out of there working hours, I think. I called so many people yesterday I can't remember what they said, lol
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    I have called some Protectcell dealers and asked a slew of questions. I also called Verizon about their participation in outside insurance. (I will be editing the original post to reflect this information)

Details:
    I asked only for the MotoDroid; one ATT store would not handle the device because they were an ATT only store, okay, I can deal with that. The others reflected information just about the same across the board.

NOTE: Protectcell cannot be charged to your verizon bill.

Price:
    69.95/year or 119.95/two years. One store said that I could break the pricing up into 3 payments in the amount of 20.97 for the one year package. The other stores told me it was a one time upfront payment.

IF they offered a monthly installment you would pay:
    69.95 = 5.83 a month
    119.95 = 4.99 a month

Deductible: The first claim cost $50, second $100, third $150. Claims cap at $150 and you have unlimited claims.

Eligibility: You can ONLY enroll with their service within the first 30 days of purchasing the phone. So hold on to your receipt if you want to go this route, you have to show proof. You also either A) have to visit a location or B) you can fax the info and set the insurance up over the phone.

NOTE: I was told by the rep that Asurion will usually replace your unit with a refurb, which I have read on their site and from these forums. Protectcell told me they replace your unit with a brand new unit.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Links