DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance Policy for VZW & Asurion

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Ok...everyone put on their thinking caps. Are there any other insurance providers besides State Farm? Yeah, You Betcha! Would any of these other insurance providers offer an Inland Marine Policy (specific plan Asurion insures phones under) ? More than likely yes. I received my plan through a different insurance provider than State Farm. Call around...don't be afraid to call small and large insurance providers, you'll still probably end up saving money than going with Asurion.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    squaretrade warranty. I have had nothing but good to say about how they handle claims. Squaretrade.com
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Ah, squaretrade.com, a good option but for 2 years of coverage the price is $144 with a $50 deductible (prices quoted are for an premium smartphone with $599 worth of coverage). I still say call around to different insurance providers. If you have the chance to pay approximately $70 for 2 years of coverage with no deductible I say it is worth a little work.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I am not aware of an $89 deductible from Asurion. My Storm recently went bad and the deductible was $50 and Verizon even voided that because I was just 14 days out of warranty.

That's how I got my Droid. Sold the replacement Storm (still with plastic protection on it on Ebay for the exact cost of the Droid--$200. Bingo!

Cost me nothing to go from a Storm to a Droid (MAJOR UPGRADE!) except the extension of my contract.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Actually, 115. with the discount coupon. Yes, it is a $50. deductible however not one hassle and they cover everything under the sun happening to it. I almost forgot that if you paid $200.for your phone (like I did) and the replacement is $600. it's covered. I don't mind paying a little extra for a no hassle plan.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    I'll keep my Asurion with the $50 deductible...
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja11 View Post
    Actually, 115. with the discount coupon. Yes, it is a $50. deductible however not one hassle and they cover everything under the sun happening to it. I almost forgot that if you paid $200.for your phone (like I did) and the replacement is $600. it's covered. I don't mind paying a little extra for a no hassle plan.
    only thing it doesnt cover is loss or theft. So let me get this right. if i pay 200 for the subsidized price of the phone they will still cover me for the full 599 or whatever if they issue me a check right? Because i thought i saw somewhere were you have to submit a receipt with a claim and they will only pay whatever you paid for the item, but i dont think that applies to phones since when i go through the checkout it shows the coverage as 599.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto - Droid VZW
    show of hands.... who in texas has successfully insured their droid through statefarm?

-thanks in advance for replyin'!
    Last edited by 88Droid; 02-13-2010 at 07:13 PM.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I've a state farm ?.
    seems like a no brainer to pay $30 per year and get a new phone vs a factory re furb... my question
    if I make a claim with state farm... do I get stoked and get my home owners jacked and end up paying 5 times the cost of phone over many years? just wondering... thanks!
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneSter View Post
    I've a state farm ?.
    seems like a no brainer to pay $30 per year and get a new phone vs a factory re furb... my question
    if I make a claim with state farm... do I get stoked and get my home owners jacked and end up paying 5 times the cost of phone over many years? just wondering... thanks!
    I don't have mine bundled into homeowners insurance. But I was told that making a claim on my individual policy would not increase my rates... But I've yet to find anyone who has actually made a claim, lol.
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Links