DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance Policy for VZW & Asurion

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
    ok so i called statefarm and they said the minimum is $650 for a phone to be insured. the droid is only $550 so they can't insure it. is my agent bs'ing me? how did you go about getting your phone insured thru state farm?
    I didn't get it insured yet, but the two agents I called said it was $500 or more.

This is interesting. Did you call another local agent and compare prices?
    I called my brother-in-law who is a State Farm agent and he said that effective last August State Farm corporate moved phones from being covered under personal property to home owners insurance. Therefore you will have to pay your home owners deductible (ours is $1000) so I will be going with Assurion!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsmjy View Post
    ok so i called statefarm and they said the minimum is $650 for a phone to be insured. the droid is only $550 so they can't insure it. is my agent bs'ing me? how did you go about getting your phone insured thru state farm?
    I didn't get it insured yet, but the two agents I called said it was $500 or more.

I called my brother-in-law who is a State Farm agent and he said that effective last August State Farm corporate moved phones from being covered under personal property to home owners insurance. Therefore you will have to pay your home owners deductible (ours is $1000) so I will be going with Assurion!
    I'm going to go up to my local agent later on today or tomorrow, I'll post back my results.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Stock Moto Droid
    Any update on the state farm insurance? I wanted to buy the plan directly from verizon, but its very expensive. Still have 2 weeks, so I'm gonna shop around.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    Quote Originally Posted by empire77 View Post
    Any update on the state farm insurance? I wanted to buy the plan directly from verizon, but its very expensive. Still have 2 weeks, so I'm gonna shop around.
    I just bought my policy from State Farm.

There was a bit of a difference in price from on the phone, but everything else I stated is correct.

$500 device minimum.
    Coverage for electronics is $6.50 per $100 for yearly coverage. Total came to $39.00.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsmjy View Post

I'm not saying your brother is wrong, perse, but I just went today and got coverage from State Farm based on the information I posted originally. I paid $39 for a years worth of coverage and it includes: theft, vandalism and accidental damage; they will not allow you to make claims for manufacturer defectives(seems logical to me). I only insured my phone.

Is it possible there are corporate vs franchises?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Thanks for all the great research. Planning to get a droid soon (can't wait). And was wondering about insurance. Right now, I'm leaning toward State Farm, though I am bummed it doesnt cover loss. That makes sense, I know, but I would just like the peace of mind. That said, I'm not sure the peace of mind is quite worth Asurion;s asking price. Oh well.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    just got mine through state farm, will never use anything else. Screw you Verizon and your WAY inflated plans. 38dollars / year to insure my device. vs 72+89 dollar deductible! Wee State Farm > Verizon
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    Thanks for all the great research. Planning to get a droid soon (can't wait). And was wondering about insurance. Right now, I'm leaning toward State Farm, though I am bummed it doesnt cover loss. That makes sense, I know, but I would just like the peace of mind. That said, I'm not sure the peace of mind is quite worth Asurion;s asking price. Oh well.
    It covers theft though. So if you leave your phone somewhere and it gets stolen, isn't that theft?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Brooks View Post
    It covers theft though. So if you leave your phone somewhere and it gets stolen, isn't that theft?
    I suspect they'll make you file a police report.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Brooks View Post
    I suspect they'll make you file a police report.
    Just got off the phone with my State Farm agent. State Farm's policy DOES cover loss. So now there is absolutely NO reason for anyone to give Verizon any more of that insurance money. Call up your local State Farm Agent and cover your phone for every possible situation, no matter what YOU do to it, it is covered. You can drop it in the toilet, drop it, scratch it, lose it, break it, no matter what, your insurance through State Farm Covers it. Of course I wouldn't recommend doing any of these things to your wonderful precious phone because I'm not sure how long the replacement will take to come in, but at least you'll have that complete assurance that your phone is safe no matter what happens to it.

As far as the rate, it is:
    drumroll please...
    $3.16/month paying monthly (be advised I do have multiple policies through State Farm, but I don't think there is a multi-line discount on this coverage. The phone is covered @ $599 which is what it would cost if you went to Motorola and got it @retail price.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Links