DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Use Facebook sync ONLY for pictures

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID

Use Facebook sync ONLY for pictures

Well, the title pretty much is my question. Is there a way to do this? The thing is, a lot of my friends put "secondary" info on facebook - e.g., a secondary "junk" email address. I don't want this secondary info incorporated into my real address book, which has the real info.

I would however like the pictures from facebook to be used, because right now, all my friends are droids!! (probably the evil plan of my DROID is to assimilate everyone but that is an aside )

Thanks in advance!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    As far as I know, there is no way to just sync the pics. You either get all of the info, or none of it. I do see where you have a good idea, though. Some people that I know have fake or old phone numbers on their facebook accounts, so the sync adds a second line with the useless number in there. Then, everytime I want to call them, i have to remember to choose the number that is working.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    its even worse for me i get duplicate contacts from facebook and gmail even tho they have the same phone number what gives ?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by xkmakx View Post
    its even worse for me i get duplicate contacts from facebook and gmail even tho they have the same phone number what gives ?
    There is a menu item that allows you to merge contacts if you are getting duplicate entries.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    reallllllyyy now ??? where would that menu be ive been looking for something like this
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    One of my friends thought it was funny to put her phone number on facebook as "911". Not normally a big deal, because obviously people reading facebook know that's not the right number. The droid, however, doesn't seem to care, and dutifully added it to my contact list.

And just as I typed this, I decided to go into the contact to remove that number so that I didn't accidentally dial it....and accidentally dialed it in the process. ****.

Looks like you can't remove individual pieces of information that synced from facebook from a contact, you can only remove the entire contact.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xkmakx View Post
    reallllllyyy now ??? where would that menu be ive been looking for something like this
    Contacts>>Long Press Contact to edit>>Menu>> Options are there....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmordean View Post
    Well, the title pretty much is my question. Is there a way to do this? The thing is, a lot of my friends put "secondary" info on facebook - e.g., a secondary "junk" email address. I don't want this secondary info incorporated into my real address book, which has the real info.

I would however like the pictures from facebook to be used, because right now, all my friends are droids!! (probably the evil plan of my DROID is to assimilate everyone but that is an aside )

Thanks in advance!
    facebook - menu - settings - Sync Contacts - sync with existing contacts.

this will help eliminate clutter.

as far as the info FB downloads, you can choose what becomes priority for means of contact, but you can't edit teh FB contact info.

info on how to merge contacts is in my GMAIL contacts and you thread.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Yesterday I did a factory reset to change my primary GMail email address associated with my Droid. I used to have all my Facebook friends pictures synced with my phone contacts. Now, 24 hours after switching around, and having everything set to sync, I randomly just have a few pictures that have synced over. Does anyone know why this is happening randomly and not everyone like it used to be?

Edit: What I just found out what I can do is go into the Contacts, select a contact, and click on "Facebook Profile" and it brings the picture over. I never manually had to do that before.
    Last edited by Vulcan1600; 01-23-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7enLC View Post
    Looks like you can't remove individual pieces of information that synced from facebook from a contact, you can only remove the entire contact.
    This is what I was talking about. A few of my friends have "Jenny's" number listed, or things like 911, or even just 555-555-5555. When you sync these people, it adds those numbers and there is no way to delete pieces like that. I would love to see that fixed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links