DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4s DOA? Full speed ahead for Android?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

iPhone 4s DOA? Full speed ahead for Android?

Well I just got done listening to live commentary on the iPhone event, and the big news was an iPhone 4s with a dual core 1ghz A5 chip, one gig of ram, 8MP camera recording 1080p, and the same display as the iPhone 4. So essentially it will be completelly eclipsed by the Vigor, Prime, and probably the Droid HD as well. Anyone who cares more about their phone's proformance than whether it's an iPhone no longer has any reason to stay with Apple. They are completely outclassed on the hardware front by this generation of Android devices, and when quad cores start showing up in Q1 next year the iPhone 4S will look like a bad joke.

So, how badly do people see this hurting apple's sale numbers? Afterall the simple fact that it's a new iPhone can only take them so far for so long. Eventally people will realize that Android phones are just downright better.
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    The lack of 4G is a deal breaker.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    You hit the nail on the head. As of right now, a person would just have to be in love with the Apple ecosystem and software to run to the store for an iphone. Right now the iP4S hardware has just caught up to the top tier Android phones. Some people will argue that the iP4S has slightly better hardware. There is a wee bit of room for debate but it doesn't matter because there are Android phones hitting the shelves in 14-30 days that will blow the doors off of the iP4S specs. Spec for spec the iP4S is 2 weeks from being old tech!

On top of that ICS is getting released.
    Last edited by Dusty; 10-04-2011 at 01:55 PM.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    <Liberated Droid 2>
    I think that apple releasing one or two new phones every year is going to be their downfall considering that we see new and improved android hardware every 1 to 2 months with the latest technology and that rate is increasing.

Liberated D2
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    The 4S won't be DOA. Anything Apple releases won't be DOA, ever. They have their loyal base of fans that will never look at a non-Apple device, even if it's much better. You're fooling yourself if you keep thinking Apple is a sinking ship.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. As of right now, a person would just have to be in love with the Apple ecosystem and software to run to the store for an iphone. Right now the iP4S hardware has just caught up to the top tier Android phones. Some people will argue that the iP4S has slightly better hardware. There is a wee bit of room for debate but it doesn't matter because there are Android phones hitting the shelves in 14-30 days that will blow the doors off of the iP4S specs. Spec for spec the iP4S is 2 weeks from being old tech!

Haha no one knows what ics is so I doubt that'll be a deciding factor
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post

every phone ever released is 2-4 weeks away from being old tech in today's world. That doesn't just apply to the iPhone.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  8. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    367 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member
    It seems other then an initial release, Apple is always very slow to roll out changes. Brand new iMacs, still no Blu-Ray support! I think the biggest disappointment was the lack of a new name and new look. Now is definitely a good time for Samsung to roll out the Prime!
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    yeah, I think the new hardware is a nice upgrade for the phone and some of the new features, which arguably should have already been there, are cool but I am still holding out for the Prime. The thing with these phones is that they get so freakin hyped that they will NEVER live up to the expectations of the enthusiasts. Instead of calling it the iPhone5 and calling it the 4s people are ready to burn Apple to the ground. It's just a name!
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    every phone ever released is 2-4 weeks away from being old tech in today's world. That doesn't just apply to the iPhone.
    Most top shelf Android phones stay on top until at least the following quarter. Look at the SGSII, it's been out for months now and it's still drool-worthy. Here's what the problem is for the iP4S... every iPhone at the time of release was considered to have hardware that exceeded it's competition. The hardware stayed competitive with newer phones for quite a while after it's release. Judging the phone they released today, that's just not the case. It's behind the curve right out of the gate, and that's not a position the iPhone is usually in. The iPhone users have been asking for, at the very least, a 4" screen for over a year now and they didn't even get that.
    Last edited by Dusty; 10-04-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links