DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Virtual Unlock with Physical unlocker SIM CARD?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global White

Virtual Unlock with Physical unlocker SIM CARD?

Hi People,

I have a motorola droid 2 global white (w. Verizon carrier). I have no Verizon SIM.

I bought my cellphone on Ebay (with clear ESN) but I live in Brazil. I've never been a Verizon customer.

I'm trying to use a GSM Sim at Brazil but it says "Network SIM unlock request"

Well, finally I bought a unlock code at Ebay too, but it didn't worked (I got money back!)

Now I'm thinking about how to unlock my phone to use GSM. Looking for some solution, I found this:

UnlockItNow SIM - Universal Unlock SIM - UnlockItNow.com"The UnlockItNow SIM can unlock virtually ANY cell phone model on the marketTo install the UnlockItNow SIM, just attach it to the SIM card you need to use and insert it into your cell phone SIM compartment. Phone is then ready for use and unlocked. The UnlockItNow SIM can be used only with one phone at a time and it must be left in the phone at all times to remain unlocked."

At the website there's a huge list with supported models (Motorola Droid 2 Global is in there! \o/)

Does anyone here already tried this solution?

Thank you very much!

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global White
    Dear friends

I tried UnlockItNow SIM and the results are interesting. It worked fine about 3 or 4 days. It stopped when I tried to change my sim carrier to another one. Sometimes the signals are low, but nothing bad.

Results: The UnlockItNow SIM card (and similars) are very sensitive. If you want to try, you should imagine that you will put it on your cellphone once forever. Don't try to change your carrier, if you do this the SIM will be damaged.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by duardod View Post
    Hi People,

I have a motorola droid 2 global white (w. Verizon carrier). I have no Verizon SIM.

I bought my cellphone on Ebay (with clear ESN) but I live in Brazil. I've never been a Verizon customer.

I'm trying to use a GSM Sim at Brazil but it says "Network SIM unlock request"

Well, finally I bought a unlock code at Ebay too, but it didn't worked (I got money back!)

Now I'm thinking about how to unlock my phone to use GSM. Looking for some solution, I found this:

UnlockItNow SIM - Universal Unlock SIM - UnlockItNow.com"The UnlockItNow SIM can unlock virtually ANY cell phone model on the marketTo install the UnlockItNow SIM, just attach it to the SIM card you need to use and insert it into your cell phone SIM compartment. Phone is then ready for use and unlocked. The UnlockItNow SIM can be used only with one phone at a time and it must be left in the phone at all times to remain unlocked."

At the website there's a huge list with supported models (Motorola Droid 2 Global is in there! \o/)

Does anyone here already tried this solution?

Thank you very much!
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Dear duardod,
    Thank you very much for share this infomration! I think I will try this or somethin liket this, because this is the last chance to use my phone in Europe.

Links