I'm really wanting to like my droid, but the more I use it, the harder it becomes. I was hoping this would be the perfect marriage between personal and business device, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
1. Exchange support is severly lacking. The fact that you can't search the GAL or file received emails makes it tough to use as a mobile email companion. I've tried touchdown and roadsync as alternatives, and there is just too much fluff to make them easy to use. Just need simple straightforward Exchange support - at least my iphone had it. And why will new mail notification not go away when the email is read on desktop client and therefore read in Droid Mail?
2. WIFI is flaky. I haven't had the problems others have with connecting, but staying connected is another issue. Installed WIFI fix and see it constantly in my notification bar reconnecting to my AP. Never had this problem with other devices on my home or work network.
3. Can't hardly use the keyboard. Get rid of the dpad and make the buttons wider.
4. Camera. enough said about this topic. I'm sure firmware updates will correct these issues.
5. No voice activated dialing over bluetooth.
Overall, I'm considering returning, but what really is keeping it around is the Google Nav - pretty slick. So far, it looks like Dec update and potential Jan update are not addressing what really needs fixed with Exchange support to lure corporate customers. Get GAL search!!
Sorry for the rant.