DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should I keep the thunderbolt?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt

Should I keep the thunderbolt?

I just got the thunderbolt today and I really like it. I got the extended battery, so battery is not an issue. So im wondering if I should return it and get the bionic when it comes out or keep it? The only advantage the bionic has is dual core? This is the first phone with htc sense I had and im really liking it. I think its better than motoblur. Ive had a droid 2 before this, so I know what motoblur is like. Well anyway, do you think the bionic is worth the dual core, or would you recommend me keeping the thunderbolt?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I'm asking myself almost the same thing...

Excpet I would return it for the Droid 3.

The Thunderbolt is a sweet device but I really feel like I need a keyboard!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    I can type perfectly fine with the touchscreen. I definitely would want 4g, even though the droid 3 looks pretty cool. Im trying to decide between htc sense and dual core.
    Edit: but in your situation, id say keep the thunderbolt. IMO its a much better device, you will get much better at typing as you use it.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Imho HTC is the only Android device for me. The main question for you is, is dual core important to you? Are you a heavy phone gamer? Do you do heavy multitasking? Do you care about just having the newest thing out there? If so then yeah the bionic will def be worth looking into. If not, the thunderbolt is definitely the next best! I mean, they both will have 4g and they will both be blazing through the internet. I love my thunderbolt, def. Be keeping mine till my next upgrade next September. I'll switch to a dual core then (unless quadcore is somehow already in). as of now, I find no use for a dual core for me. I mean id like to have it, but not worth giving up my tbolt for it just yet. If it was for the Vigor, it would be a different story!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums
    Currently running: Stock (for now)

Was running:
    ROM: BAMF Forever 1.0.7/Kernel: Imoseyon 3.7.1/OC'ed Stock-1.6GHz
    ROM: Synergy/Kernel: Ziggy Kernels/OC'ed Stock-1.5GHz
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I like my droid 3 just cuz Motorola makes nicer screens

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Droid 4 fanboy
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    402 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    The Bionic also has HDMI out and the webtop feature, which could be a decent way around "legal" tethering (not sure if AT&T closed that gap). Those are big selling points for me, plus I just feel like a dual core is going to have a longer EOL.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid, Droid X
    Not many apps can really benefit from a dual core processor right now. As far as speed goes, the thunderbolt is still amazingly fast. Especially with stock android. Also, the Bionic will probably have a locked bootloader. So your choice ^^
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by lxJGTxl View Post
    Imho HTC is the only Android device for me. The main question for you is, is dual core important to you? Are you a heavy phone gamer? Do you do heavy multitasking? Do you care about just having the newest thing out there? If so then yeah the bionic will def be worth looking into. If not, the thunderbolt is definitely the next best! I mean, they both will have 4g and they will both be blazing through the internet. I love my thunderbolt, def. Be keeping mine till my next upgrade next September. I'll switch to a dual core then (unless quadcore is somehow already in). as of now, I find no use for a dual core for me. I mean id like to have it, but not worth giving up my tbolt for it just yet. If it was for the Vigor, it would be a different story!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums
    Quad cores should be coming out early next year, with a15 quads at the end of the year, if im right, and OP Personally, I'd go with the Bionic, MUCH better battery life if you got an extended for that phone, dual core will keep you up to date for the 2 years you have the phone, if you keep it that long, little more ram, HDMI out (not sure if thunderbolt has it), but if the hardware specs aren't that important then I'd say go to the store when the Bionic comes out and compare it side by side to your Tbolt and make the choice yourself.
    Edit:^^ Saying apps aren't optimized for dual core now as a reason for not getting it is like saying don't buy the computer with a hyperthreaded quad core because software isn't optimized for it yet, just future proofs your purchase more...
    Running SS5.6/Cushzero 2.3.7
    Loving the Gingerbread deliciousness
    O/C 1.1 Ghz Chevy low voltage kernal.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I'm keeping my bolt well past my February upgrade. I wont upgrade till my TB can no longer keep up, because if it is keeping up, there's no point in getting a new phone.

Sent from my cyanobolt
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by googlelover View Post
    Quad cores should be coming out early next year, with a15 quads at the end of the year, if im right, and OP Personally, I'd go with the Bionic, MUCH better battery life if you got an extended for that phone, dual core will keep you up to date for the 2 years you have the phone, if you keep it that long, little more ram, HDMI out (not sure if thunderbolt has it), but if the hardware specs aren't that important then I'd say go to the store when the Bionic comes out and compare it side by side to your Tbolt and make the choice yourself.
    Edit:^^ Saying apps aren't optimized for dual core now as a reason for not getting it is like saying don't buy the computer with a hyperthreaded quad core because software isn't optimized for it yet, just future proofs your purchase more...
    14 days from the day I got my thunderbolt is the day before the bionic comes out, so I can't compare side by side. Do you think they will let one day slide?
    And dual core seems cool and all, but I'm not sure how much it would actually benefit me, over losing HTC
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links