DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Old Blackberry to droid

Member #
    Phone
    razr maxx hd

Question Old Blackberry to droid

I'm new and I did do a search but couldn't find the answer to these questions! Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse!

I just got my Droid Friday and so far I like. I switched from a BB Curve. I'm trying to get my contacts and calender into the Droid. I have a iMac. I had my BB blacked up and was able to mount the Droid and transfer the contacts but they came over weird! Every phone number is "home". I've been going through and trying to change the cell ones to "cell" but there are 177 of them! And, my calender doesn't appear anywhere that I can find in the Droid, even though I dropped it in there as well from iCal.

Hope someone can help! I don't want to have to do it all 1 by 1!

Thanks

Linda

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    What did you use to transfer the contacts?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    well one option which is what I did would be to re-activate your BB assuming you still have it and dl google sync. Also turn on syncing in iCal to sync that with your google calendar. Once everything syncs up you should be able to re-activate your Droid and be good to go once it syncs with your google account.

Granted my calendars have never synced right but most of my contacts have always came through correctly. Another way to do it that I just thought of would be to sync the Addy Book on your Mac with your Google account, I forgot you can do that easier now. If your BB has been backed up on your Mac then syncing that info with google shouldn't be too difficult at all.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by borregolinda View Post
    I'm new and I did do a search but couldn't find the answer to these questions! Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse!

I just got my Droid Friday and so far I like. I switched from a BB Curve. I'm trying to get my contacts and calender into the Droid. I have a iMac. I had my BB blacked up and was able to mount the Droid and transfer the contacts but they came over weird! Every phone number is "home". I've been going through and trying to change the cell ones to "cell" but there are 177 of them! And, my calender doesn't appear anywhere that I can find in the Droid, even though I dropped it in there as well from iCal.

Hope someone can help! I don't want to have to do it all 1 by 1!

Thanks

Linda
    I think I can help you with the calendar. Google will sync your ical. Go to this link: Sync with iCal or Sunbird - Google Calendar Help
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    The way I did it was to use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to sync my contacts on my BB with Address Book (using one of the options, which I can't totally remember, to prevent Address Book from overwriting the BB since it was blank) and then syncing Address Book with my Google Account. There is an option for it in there. I'm sure there is probably an easier way, but this worked for me.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Open your contacts app on you mac, export your contacts into a CSV file. Go to your gmail, click on contacts, click on import, and then choose the CSV file that you just saved on your Mac.
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    I just let my Local VZW store CSR transfer my contacts over from my Storm to the DROID. But I don't know anything about the calendar stuff, sorry. I am sure there are those here who can help on that.
    Where Ever you Go! There You Are !!
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    Open your contacts app on you mac, export your contacts into a CSV file. Go to your gmail, click on contacts, click on import, and then choose the CSV file that you just saved on your Mac.
    Here is a link on how to sync your calendar on your mac with the gmail calendar (which will sync with your Droid). Both of these methods are assuming that you had your contacts and calendar syned up with your Blackberry.

Sync with iCal or Sunbird - Google Calendar Help

Links