I am looking to break into the smartphone universe as I am available for an upgrade and have been since May, but I am not sure exactly how to proceed at this moment.
I have been waiting for the Droid Bionic for a few months now, but after all of the delays I am feeling less than confident in Motorola at the moment and I am beginning to feel swayed by the Galaxy SII because of its overseas popularity and its (rumored) earlier release date. I have read more than one article comparing the two phones, but a full comparison cannot be completed until both phones have their specs revealed. I have some reserves about the SII though, specifically the lack of 4g LTE confirmation (even though it is expected from what I read) and I have heard Samsung's GPS locator is sometimes too slow.
I am certainly looking for a dual-core LTE device so this decision may be made easier if 4g capabilities are absent from the SII. I am drawn by the Bionic as a full media smartphone and by the SII by the popularity.
If I were to upgrade now, which phone would deserve the two-year commitment more based on your opinion? Or to throw in a (long shot) third choice. Should I hold out for another 4 months and upgrade into the next generation of quad-core/HD screen smartphones assuming they will release on time?
I appreciate any given. advice