DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a new phone thats out currently

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

looking for a new phone thats out currently

I currently have an OG Driod which broke on me a few weeks back, i originally wanted to hold out for the SG2 but thats been pushed back, i then decided to wait for the bionic - seems thats now about to be pushed back, ive not had a phone now for 3-4 weeks and i really cant wait any longer to be without - so what would you suggest i should look into regarding decent phones that are out now, Im a big (or was) internet user on the phone as well as email/keeping up with the social networks, not so much into rooting, but would like to have that option down the line when it starts to get slow. I am in a 4g area so that would be of use. so which phone should i look into, would like to get something by this weekend!!!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Pretty simple, thunderbolt or charge. Go try them both out and get the one that feels right for you. If you ask 100 people in these forums which one is better, you'll get 50 saying tbolt and 50 saying charge. Your gonna love the 4G, but hate the effect it has on your battery. I like my tbolt but have never even picked up a charge. So I can't give you an unbiased opinion. I'm assuming your on Verizon, if not, I can't help, I'm not familiar with other carrier's phones.

When your trying them out see if there is any lag on the Charge. And remember the tbolt's battery life is horrible (as little as 5 hours under heavy use with 4G enabled. But tweaked just right and 4G on only when needed, you should get about 12 hours) Otherwise I think you'll be happy with either.
    Sent from my Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Moto X... The Game?
    What about getting a dummy phone? While waiting for the phone you want? Or use an old phone that you might have handy?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    Leanne_808
    Phone
    D2G DX D3 Xoom Razr Maxx SG3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abullock22 View Post
    I currently have an OG Driod which broke on me a few weeks back, i originally wanted to hold out for the SG2 but thats been pushed back, i then decided to wait for the bionic - seems thats now about to be pushed back, ive not had a phone now for 3-4 weeks and i really cant wait any longer to be without - so what would you suggest i should look into regarding decent phones that are out now, Im a big (or was) internet user on the phone as well as email/keeping up with the social networks, not so much into rooting, but would like to have that option down the line when it starts to get slow. I am in a 4g area so that would be of use. so which phone should i look into, would like to get something by this weekend!!!
    IMO try them out in the stores, get hands on feel for it. good luck...

ALOHA from Hawaii
    Last edited by Hawaiian Princess; 07-25-2011 at 04:06 PM.
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    Leanne_808
    Phone
    D2G DX D3 Xoom Razr Maxx SG3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by comk4ver View Post
    What about getting a dummy phone? While waiting for the phone you want? Or use an old phone that you might have handy?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    im really not sure what ur question is.

ALOHA from Hawaii
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    thanks guys, yes im on verizon so tbolt or charge sounds like a good starting point - thanks.
    regarding battery life can you disable the 4g if you need to?
    As for the dummy phone, or an old phone, i dont have one, and to be honest id rather just get a decent phone the first round and be done especially now with all the waiting around ive already been doing, it would of been nice to get a phone just as it came out but for my situation its not worth hanging on any longer...if only my droid had lasted that little bit longer
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    If you don't need 4G then I would go with the droid 3. If I had to get a phone tomorrow that would be what I would get.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    You can disable the 4G on the thunderbolt, not sure about the charge. The D3 is supposed to be a really good phone, but now that I've had 4G I wouldn't get anything else.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    DNA, Bionic, Eris, zoom, A100
    Quote Originally Posted by JRParsons View Post
    You can disable the 4G on the thunderbolt, not sure about the charge. The D3 is supposed to be a really good phone, but now that I've had 4G I wouldn't get anything else.

you can on the charge too. we live in a 3g area and my husband set his to cdma only. bye the way, he loves his charge.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID3
    Quote Originally Posted by patmw123 View Post
    If you don't need 4G then I would go with the droid 3. If I had to get a phone tomorrow that would be what I would get.
    This.

To me the dual-core means more than 4G. I have the luxury of waiting to see if I can get both in the Bionic, but I've really liked the Droid3 in the time I've played with it at the Verizon store.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links