DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid drowning already?

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    many devs have moved onto the N1... but there will still be much development for the Droid. without the full 2.1 source code, droid development has slowed, which makes sense, considering the N1 was just released, and much is to be discovered with that device. but sholes.info team is working hard creating fantastic roms for the droid as we speak .
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    The Nexus runs 2.1 which the Droid will get.... so if developers are jumping onto the Nexus wagon, wouldn't their efforts with 2.1 end up paying off for us when we (Droid) get 2.1? ...because they'll already have some time with 2.1 on a device?
  3. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    The Nexus runs 2.1 which the Droid will get.... so if developers are jumping onto the Nexus wagon, wouldn't their efforts with 2.1 end up paying off for us when we (Droid) get 2.1? ...because they'll already have some time with 2.1 on a device?
    we can't run the same exact ROMs... different hardware and different resolutions... but it will be easier than porting hero/espresso ROM, imo
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I would not worry, the last thing they want is more fragmentation with the android OS.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX
    Quote Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
    I'm thinking more people bought Droids than Nexus phones. Of course, the Droid had a headstart. Eventually I would say a year or more from now it might even out.. but if Motorola keeps updating the Droid (new designs, etc) I don't see why the Droid couldn't outsell the Nexus.

It could happen. Motorola really did build the phone very well. Of course, we don't know if they can build such a nice phone without Google's help. Only time will tell.

-Wil
    Sales wise, the Droid dwarfs the Nexus. I could be wrong, but I imagine most development was aimed towards the G1 anyway. So the movement was more like the G1, to the Nexus. Makes sense they already obviously had T-Mobile contracts.

Basically, what I'm saying, is that there is no change or shift.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyanks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    we can't run the same exact ROMs... different hardware and different resolutions... but it will be easier than porting hero/espresso ROM, imo
    True.... and I guess I'm missing a part of it here since I don't have my Droid rooted nor do I plan on rooting.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    This thread has a lot of "info"

Apps that are developed for N1 (it is running Android 2.1) will work on the Droid when it gets Android 2.1.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natty_lite;147811
    [B
    Sales wise, the Droid dwarfs the Nexus. I could be wrong[/B], but I imagine most development was aimed towards the G1 anyway. So the movement was more like the G1, to the Nexus. Makes sense they already obviously had T-Mobile contracts.

Basically, what I'm saying, is that there is no change or shift.
    You're not wrong at all. 20,000 Nexus 1 phones in the first week is a fact, it didn't have a great launch, it had not advertising other then internet and word of mouth. Droid sales are way over Nexus. And hardware and apps will be developed for it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    we're confusing app development and ROM development

developers writing apps for 2.1 with high resolutions in mind will be compatible with both the N1 and Droid
  10. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyanks View Post
    we're confusing app development and ROM development

developers writing apps for 2.1 with high resolutions in mind will be compatible with both the N1 and Droid
    Exactly. Ever since the sdk and announcements of 2.1 were announced its only natural for devs to evolve along with it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links