DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi I notice that some apps cant be found on the Tablet Market

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nikecar View Post
    android only
    No. There are apps that are only for the iPad and not the iPhone, so I'm sure there are some iPhone only apps.

Same thing that some apps are ios and not Android and vice versa

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
    he asked about ios tablets, also known as ipads. so again, android only.
    No ****.
    The issue is the same for both. I was bringing up the point that just because something works for one, doesn't mean it works for another. The post I did was in response to the question if ios tablets, yes ipads as I said, had the same issue which I confirmed.

Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)

No. There are apps that are only for the iPad and not the iPhone, so I'm sure there are some iPhone only apps.

Same thing that some apps are ios and not Android and vice versa

No ****.
    The issue is the same for both. I was bringing up the point that just because something works for one, doesn't mean it works for another. The post I did was in response to the question if ios tablets, yes ipads as I said, had the same issue which I confirmed.

Believe me there is FAR more compatibility between iphones and ipads then there are with android devices.

What apps for iphone don't work on ipad? Serious queston, because I don't know.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    In my opinion this will be yet another hurdle that I'll be holding back the android os from ever reaching ios success. There are too few tablet apps. There is no reason for a person to get a android tablet over a I pad if they already have a upper end android phone.

Sent from my AT100 using DroidForums
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

No ****.

Believe me there is FAR more compatibility between iphones and ipads then there are with android devices.

It was iPad apps not working on iPhone, I said based on that, I'm sure there are a few iphone one that don'e work on an ipad. But it was some education apps that we wanted for our child. We subscribe to some homeschool math curriculums and one of the companies had an app but it was only for the iPad.

However, you can easily do a search for a few iPad only apps. Some of the reports are from last year, but they report iPad only apps.
    Over One Third Of iPad-Only Apps Are Games (And More Stats) | TechCrunch

Also doing a quick search, there are a number of links to install iPhone-only apps on either an ipod touch or an iPad.

My overall point was to the PP who asked if the same app issue on tablets android phones was occuring with iOS apps. Which is true, there is the same issue.

I just wish some iOS apps I had were made for android. I've got a few games that aren't in the market, but then again, vice versa as some friends with an iPhone cannot get some games i have on my android.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    No ****.

It was iPad apps not working on iPhone, I said based on that, I'm sure there are a few iphone one that don'e work on an ipad. But it was some education apps that we wanted for our child. We subscribe to some homeschool math curriculums and one of the companies had an app but it was only for the iPad.

However, you can easily do a search for a few iPad only apps. Some of the reports are from last year, but they report iPad only apps.
    Over One Third Of iPad-Only Apps Are Games (And More Stats) | TechCrunch

Also doing a quick search, there are a number of links to install iPhone-only apps on either an ipod touch or an iPad.

My overall point was to the PP who asked if the same app issue on tablets android phones was occuring with iOS apps. Which is true, there is the same issue.

I just wish some iOS apps I had were made for android. I've got a few games that aren't in the market, but then again, vice versa as some friends with an iPhone cannot get some games i have on my android.
    ah ok, got it. Sorry for the misunderstanding there
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    all is good in Droidopia...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links