DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Different colors for calendar events

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

Different colors for calendar events

Does anyone know of an application designed for the calendar that allows the user to chose different colors for the events, similar to how the Palm's calendar worked?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    Only way I could do it was to set up multiple calendars on Google calendar. Then sync them all together. I have one for work, personal, meetings, my wife, etc. All show up on one calendar with multiple colors.
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Only way I could do it was to set up multiple calendars on Google calendar. Then sync them all together. I have one for work, personal, meetings, my wife, etc. All show up on one calendar with multiple colors.
    Can you give us details on how you did that? Sync the calendar? Did you do it on the phone or on google and what steps you took?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid
    Yea the really need to work on that I love my google calendar from my computer but from phone .......well that's another story.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    since the phone lives in the cloud, everything is controlled online. if there are features and/or functionality that the phone can do, but you can't control, you can control it online. anything that you find your phone can't do, you should check online to see if you can do it there.

all of your calendar subscriptions and email labeling and forwarding is handled online.

currently, google doesn't support changing colors for specific events. you can create as many calendars as you want (online), but I'm not sure how you would force Outlook and Google Calendar Sync to point to what calendar. I think you would have to manage all of that online, which would be a nightmare.a
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Can you give us details on how you did that? Sync the calendar? Did you do it on the phone or on google and what steps you took?

In Google Calendar on your computer, go to the left hand side. Select my calendars and create. From there you will will have options to set up another calendar, choose color etc. Then go to your Droid Google calendar, choose menu, and then my calendars. Make sure the calendars you created are selected.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid Verizon
    Has anyone tried this? Does it work? Before I set up multiple calendars I'd like to know.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    yes it works...colors dont show up on the stock widget, dont know about others havent figured out which one to go with...any suggestions on that front would be welcome...but when you go into the app the different calendars show up with whatever color you selected for them online

hope that helps
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid Verizon
    Thanx alot! Now to go about creating 6 different calendars just to get different colored events lol.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    If you're serious about calendar integration on your phone, you MUST download the following widget(s), both made by the same amazing developer:

Pure Calendar Widget - lists your upcoming agenda/tasks from your calendar. Lets you choose how big you want the calendar to be, so you can have only a few days, or over a week of events displayed.

Pure Grid Calendar Widget - great if you want a full screen calendar on one of your home screens. I use this to show colored bars througout the month for all of my different events (check out the sample pics in the market).

These are both paid widgets, but I can't express how amazing they are. I recommend them to everybody who uses google calendar.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links