DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon to overhaul its phone and data pricing plans

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Verizon to overhaul its phone and data pricing plans

Verizon Wireless to overhaul its phone and data pricing plans:

Verizon Wireless to overhaul its phone and data pricing plans Boy Genius Report
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Their comparison with ATT is a bit flawed. It is only a $30 savings over ATT if you don't go with unlimited data and stick with just voice and text. Once you add on the data it is only a $10 savings. Sure, you still get the better network and a cooler phone but c'mon. It isn't $30. It is $10.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by thelion View Post
    Their comparison with ATT is a bit flawed. It is only a $30 savings over ATT if you don't go with unlimited data and stick with just voice and text. Once you add on the data it is only a $10 savings. Sure, you still get the better network and a cooler phone but c'mon. It isn't $30. It is $10.
    I agree that $30 vs $10 is a big difference but regardless it is DEF less than AT&T and still makes a HUGE difference.

Even at $10 a month that is $120 a year to save over AT&T which in the lower price points would be more than 1 entire bill.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    But let me guess. Those of us who just bought a Droid and signed a new contract, those of us who have been Verizon customers for years, will be left out in the cold until our current contracts run out. Is that correct?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooberJake View Post
    But let me guess. Those of us who just bought a Droid and signed a new contract, those of us who have been Verizon customers for years, will be left out in the cold until our current contracts run out. Is that correct?
    No, you can always change your rate plan, it just renews your contract from the date of change, but if I remember correctly, your phone upgrade date will not change.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Nope once the new plans launch you are free to take advantage of the new pricing structure. VZW lets you change your plan at any time
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by xmnj View Post
    No, you can always change your rate plan, it just renews your contract from the date of change, but if I remember correctly, your phone upgrade date will not change.

That is not correct, it does not "renew your contract" to make a price plan change.
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Don't be so sure about that. I've had many instances when a Verizon rep has noticed ways to save me money and advised me to switch from one plan to another. It's usually available for you to change on the web as well.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Don't be so sure about that. I've had many instances when a Verizon rep has noticed ways to save me money and advised me to switch from one plan to another. It's usually available for you to change on the web as well.
    Ding Ding Ding! Winner winner! Chicken Dinner! That is correct
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I noticed it says 10 friends and family on the 900 and 2000 tier on one of the pictures near the bottom. Does that mean the family plan with 1400 will lose friends and family?

I'm glad they are at least reducing the amount of plans. We had been on AT&T for 5 years and it took me awhile to review all of the plans and what made them different. I was hoping there would be a reduction on the current price of my 1400 family with 4 lines but it looks like no dice.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links