DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Verizon NOT Honoring Unlimited Data Plan for Online Orders Not Activated Before 7/7

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid SS 2.0.3
    I agree AirGear that this was totally deceptive. Nevermind these Verizon apologists. They knew full well there would be a flood of people that wouldn't be able activate in time. The timing of the change certainly wasn't done in a vacuum. Looks like you got it resolved.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I would complain loudly, but it's possible the system is set-up in such a way that there's nothing a rep can do. If enough people complain, I'd expect VZW to remedy the situation because despite all the whining here I've always found them to be very good and accommodating with regard to customer service.

Also, if you were cutting it that close you should have activated a cheap phone from the store and then returned it within that 14 day window. So people have only themselves to blame, but I do believe VZW will work with these people.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    FWIW, I ordered a DInc2 from Amazon on 7/6 and got unlimited data.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Ordered a Thunderbolt and Incredible 2 from Wal-Mart Wireless/Let's Talk on the 5th and got the phones on the 7th. Noticed the next day that they had us on the 2GB plan. I called once and the lady said there was nothing she could do. Called back again and talked to a different woman. I told her I didn't see how it made much sense to pay $5 more per line for the same amount of data that I could get at ATT. Asked to if there was anyone higher up I could speak to and she said let me check something else for you. Came back 30 seconds later and told me we had unlimited like we ordered. They can change it and will, but you better get it done quick. Your 14 day period starts when you ordered the phones, not when you activated them.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    It's unusually poor of VZW for this to even be an issue. They should have had the announced date and then an internal effective date several days later so this didn't happen.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by AirGear View Post

Thanks for the advice guys. I just called VZW again according to the other thread that was linked (thanks again) and it worked. VZW took care of it.
    Glad it worked for you. As others say, the sooner the better.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MyTouch 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by AirGear View Post
    Hello everyone,

I hate to start my first post with this, but I want to inform everyone with what I just found out.

I bought a phone on wirefly.com on 7/4 and obviously it wasn't shipped until 7/5. I get it 2 days later and when I activated it on 7/7, everything worked fine...... until I log onto my verizon online account and see that I was placed into the dreaded 2GB TIERED DATA PLAN.

I called Verizon directly and they said it has to be activated before 7/7 and that even though it was ordered before then, it doesn't count. (People who bought phones from Vzw.com directly are fine though cause they activate right away.. so the rep said.)

So this puts potentially a lot of people who ordered during the big cell phone promo weekend of 7/1 extending to 7/6 at risk. I would think that anyone who ordered in 7/1 afternoon online didn't get their phone shipped out until after the holiday weekend on 7/5. And most people won't get their phone until 7/7 or after. Some of you may not know this yet but please check your online account at your desktop to see the full details.

RESOLUTION?????
    So how do we resolve this? I mean I could've went to the store directly before 7/7 and got a phone (at a higher price) instead if I had known this. Now we are left without unlimited data and wasted opportunities.

The thing is, there will most likely be a lot of people who ordered online from websites other than verizon's own that are in the same situation between 7/1-7/6. Does Verizon want thousands of angry customers calling and CANCELING their service to go to Sprint or any other provider?

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

All customers who ordered through us prior to 7/7/11 should get the unlimited plan. PM me your order number and I will have our activations team make sure it is corrected for you with the carrier.

***you dont have to send your order, I am so glad that Verizon corrected this for you. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you regarding your order with us.
    Last edited by Wirefly; 07-13-2011 at 10:24 AM. Reason: update message
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MyTouch 3G
    Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that if customers purchased a phone from Wirefly before 7/7/11 and selected the unlimited data plan, we are working with those customers to make sure the correct plan is applied to their phone. If you purchased from us and have a problem with your phone's data plan being incorrect (selected but did not receive the unlimited plan) for a phone placed before 7/7/11 please PM me your order number and I will make sure that we get this corrected for you ASAP. Thanks!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Now that is GREAT Customer Service!!!!!!!!!

+1 for Wirefly!
    DROID Bionic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSami View Post
    Now that is GREAT Customer Service!!!!!!!!!

+1 for Wirefly!
    Another +1 for wirefly

end of line...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Links