DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon NOT Honoring Unlimited Data Plan for Online Orders Not Activated Before 7/7

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post

If you knew this then the order should've been placed sooner. Verizon honored their word and gave their new customers unlimited plans before the 7th.

You have no reason to be upset with Verizon or any company you bought the phone from online if you were already aware of the possible extra days it takes to get the phone unactivated.

Hmm.. when did I say I was mad @ verizon? If anything more at wirefly.

And why are you folks assuming that we all knew this months ahead? Not everyone goes on tech forums everyday. A lot of people actually don't know this and are now trying to research. Not every customer keeps up with what Verizon is going to do in the future. I did not know this until 7/4 when I was on slickdeals looking for discount listings. This was when all the retailers online were still selling the unlimited plan.

Also, the retailers were selling the $29.99 UNLIMITED DATA PLAN up until 7/6, knowing it won't be activated until after 7/7. You guys seriously think there is nothing wrong with that??

There was no choice for the tiered data plans or any heads up. So basically they sold people something that wasn't going to be available by the time they received it in the mail.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by AirGear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrews View Post
    It was known you had to have the phone with data activated before the 7th, not just purchased or ordered. Not really much you can do because you weren't grandfathered in. New activations starting on July 7th, 2011 will only have tiered data plans.

Sent from my Viewsonic 10" GTab...CM7 style...

I understand, but let me explain. The problem is MANY web retailers including wirefly, Amazon, letstalk etc all were selling the $29.99 unlimited plan up until 7/6 as far as I know. The phones usually ships UNactivated and shipping takes a few days.

So they were basically selling something that wasn't going to be available? I mean the tiered plans weren't even shown or listed as an option. How can these companies sell you A and give you B when you get it?

Between 7/1-7/6, I wonder how many Verizon smartphones were sold by those large online retailers?

They were simply advertising it because that was the CURRENT plan. The unlimited plan was not technically theirs to "sell" because you are still going thru Verizon for your service and contract terms. If you were to glance thru all of the fine print on your 3rd party paperwork, I'd bet you money that somewhere it says (in fancy legal speak): "promotional plans and pricing based on carriers availability".

The fact that the data plan had to be activated by 11:59 on 7/6/11 was VERY well-publicized... Shipping time should have been taken into consideration...
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    I recently read a thread on HoFo about this exact problem, but they eventually honored the order.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1723709

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Rento View Post

Not even that either... There are things called shipping options. Overnight would have been wise.

Also, lets open up to some conspiracy!!!

WireFly knew people would fall into this category as the OP, popular phone, buyers have a short deadline giving more impulse. More impulse equals more revenue regardless of the buyer's outcome as they are/will be SOL. Smart buyers would pay premium for overnight shipping, more revenue!

It's genius marketing.

I'm not mad at Verizon, but as a result of wirefly's false advertisement, I will most likely end up canceling my account that has been running with verizon for 7 years. I made the purchase based on them listing the unlimited plan as the option. There was no tiered plan option. Now they want to give me something I didn't order.

There was no indication that the phones needs to be activated before 7/7. A lot of you are assuming that I or we knew this ahead of time. We didn't.

This also goes beyond wirefly. Amazon was selling this unlimited plan through out the long weekend as well. So what gives?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    If you knew this then the order should've been placed sooner. Verizon honored their word and gave their new customers unlimited plans before the 7th.

You have no reason to be upset with Verizon or any company you bought the phone from online if you were already aware of the possible extra days it takes to get the phone unactivated.

And why are you folks assuming that we all knew this months ahead? Not everyone goes on tech forums everyday. A lot of people actually don't know this and are now trying to research. Not every customer keeps up with what Verizon is going to do in the future. I did not know this until 7/4 when I was on slickdeals looking for discount listings. This was when all the retailers online were still selling the unlimited plan.

Also, the retailers were selling the $29.99 UNLIMITED DATA PLAN up until 7/6, knowing it won't be activated until after 7/7. You guys seriously think there is nothing wrong with that??

There was no choice for the tiered data plans or any heads up. So basically they sold people something that wasn't going to be available by the time they received it in the mail.
    U are 100% right. 98% of the people do not use forums so they wouldn't know tiered data will come. If I ordered the phone online and it let me choose unlimited I would expect to get it!!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR Maxx
    Maaaan, Droid people know about their phones... Like really know about them. When I first came into this thread I swore OP was a iPhone user lol.

Half serious jokes aside.. I'd be pissed to. Call WireFly, return everything and see if VZW will get you your old plan back... Just be like, "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! RESET! REFLASH! I WANT MY OLD PHONE REACTIVATED AND OLD PLAN! RE! FLASH! NOW!"
    RAZR Maxx stock with ICS.

OG Droid 1 running Gingerbread no issues. (Desk Clock)

Simply Stunning 5.6
    ChevyNo1 2.6.32-LV 1Ghz Kernel
    Recovery and Power
    RaidZero Recovery 2.0.3 (Link)
    Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh Extended Battery (Link)

Volkswagen/Audi or GTFO.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
    I recently read a thread on HoFo about this exact problem, but they eventually honored the order.

Ordered Thunderbolt before Data change....Not getting what I ordered

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Wow, still reading but it looks positive. Thanks, finally some help!!!
  8. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AirGear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post

you have an angry face next to your title and your title mentions Verizon, not Wirefly....

I understand not everyone on this board spends hours on the internet, but this was pretty big news and was pretty hard not to be unaware of, unless you managed to dodge the media the past couple weeks. I saw it on Yahoo, local news, newspapers, etc.

I understand you're frustrated you're in a tiered plan, but like buying any cell phone plan, you do your research. Also, in terms of shipping options, you should've done overnight shipping if you already knew about the unlimited plan being cut off on 7/7.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by captain howdy View Post

Sounds like you need to get a lawyer and go after the company that sold you the phone. the problem you seem to have is with them not Verizon.
    True that.

Don't be pissed at Verizon because some company sold you a steaming pile of dog dung.
    Please ignore the above post.
    I am just trying to increase my post count.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    If a phone was sold with a plan, and that plan said unlimited data, it should be honored. Is they refuse, file BBB complaints against verizon and wirefly. It will get resolved.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links