DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Wirefly Upgrade Question

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Palm Pixi+

Question Wirefly Upgrade Question

So I searched a little bit and couldn't find an answer to this question so I thought I'd ask. I'm currently elligible to upgrade my line which is the 3rd line on a family account. Here's my question.

Can I switch my upgrade to the primary line, order a DInc2 from Wirefly for free, and then activate it on my line (3rd line on family account) without incurring the $350 fee? I know they say you cannot transfer service to a different line for 6 months; however, this would simply be activating the phone on a different line than it was ordered for. I doubt this would work but I thought I better ask.

Thanks!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MyTouch 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by herkyMD View Post
    So I searched a little bit and couldn't find an answer to this question so I thought I'd ask. I'm currently elligible to upgrade my line which is the 3rd line on a family account. Here's my question.

Can I switch my upgrade to the primary line, order a DInc2 from Wirefly for free, and then activate it on my line (3rd line on family account) without incurring the $350 fee? I know they say you cannot transfer service to a different line for 6 months; however, this would simply be activating the phone on a different line than it was ordered for. I doubt this would work but I thought I better ask.

Thanks!
    HI! What you are asking about is called a buddy upgrade. The carrier usually reports these to us as a deactivation and then the customer is considered to be liable for a violation of our purchase terms. We wish we could process buddy upgrades, but we are not able to at this time.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Palm Pixi+
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirefly View Post

Thanks!
    HI! What you are asking about is called a buddy upgrade. The carrier usually reports these to us as a deactivation and then the customer is considered to be liable for a violation of our purchase terms. We wish we could process buddy upgrades, but we are not able to at this time.
    thanks for the reply! Just curious, what is the reason that the primary line on a family account receives better upgrade discounts than the other lines??
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MyTouch 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirefly View Post

Thanks!
    thanks for the reply! Just curious, what is the reason that the primary line on a family account receives better upgrade discounts than the other lines??
    You are most welcome. As for the price difference, it is due to how we are compensated by the carrier for the upgrade. Primary lines receive higher compensation than other lines, and new accounts receive higher compensation than upgrades. Let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Think of it this way.

The primary is the breadwinner of the family. The additional lines are the mooching kids.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MyTouch 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by nikecar View Post

Think of it this way.

The primary is the breadwinner of the family. The additional lines are the mooching kids.

Great analogy! Thanks for the help explaining it. I appreciate it!

Links