DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Wirefly Upgrade Question

  1. Junior Droid
    herkyMD's Avatar
    Member #
    208151
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Palm Pixi+
    #1

    Question Wirefly Upgrade Question

    So I searched a little bit and couldn't find an answer to this question so I thought I'd ask. I'm currently elligible to upgrade my line which is the 3rd line on a family account. Here's my question.

    Can I switch my upgrade to the primary line, order a DInc2 from Wirefly for free, and then activate it on my line (3rd line on family account) without incurring the $350 fee? I know they say you cannot transfer service to a different line for 6 months; however, this would simply be activating the phone on a different line than it was ordered for. I doubt this would work but I thought I better ask.

    Thanks!
  2. Senior Droid
    Wirefly's Avatar
    Member #
    6408
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    104
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MyTouch 3G
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by herkyMD View Post
    So I searched a little bit and couldn't find an answer to this question so I thought I'd ask. I'm currently elligible to upgrade my line which is the 3rd line on a family account. Here's my question.

    Can I switch my upgrade to the primary line, order a DInc2 from Wirefly for free, and then activate it on my line (3rd line on family account) without incurring the $350 fee? I know they say you cannot transfer service to a different line for 6 months; however, this would simply be activating the phone on a different line than it was ordered for. I doubt this would work but I thought I better ask.

    Thanks!
    HI! What you are asking about is called a buddy upgrade. The carrier usually reports these to us as a deactivation and then the customer is considered to be liable for a violation of our purchase terms. We wish we could process buddy upgrades, but we are not able to at this time.
  3. Junior Droid
    herkyMD's Avatar
    Member #
    208151
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Palm Pixi+
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirefly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herkyMD View Post
    So I searched a little bit and couldn't find an answer to this question so I thought I'd ask. I'm currently elligible to upgrade my line which is the 3rd line on a family account. Here's my question.

    Can I switch my upgrade to the primary line, order a DInc2 from Wirefly for free, and then activate it on my line (3rd line on family account) without incurring the $350 fee? I know they say you cannot transfer service to a different line for 6 months; however, this would simply be activating the phone on a different line than it was ordered for. I doubt this would work but I thought I better ask.

    Thanks!
    HI! What you are asking about is called a buddy upgrade. The carrier usually reports these to us as a deactivation and then the customer is considered to be liable for a violation of our purchase terms. We wish we could process buddy upgrades, but we are not able to at this time.
    thanks for the reply! Just curious, what is the reason that the primary line on a family account receives better upgrade discounts than the other lines??
  4. Senior Droid
    Wirefly's Avatar
    Member #
    6408
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    104
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MyTouch 3G
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by herkyMD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirefly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herkyMD View Post
    So I searched a little bit and couldn't find an answer to this question so I thought I'd ask. I'm currently elligible to upgrade my line which is the 3rd line on a family account. Here's my question.

    Can I switch my upgrade to the primary line, order a DInc2 from Wirefly for free, and then activate it on my line (3rd line on family account) without incurring the $350 fee? I know they say you cannot transfer service to a different line for 6 months; however, this would simply be activating the phone on a different line than it was ordered for. I doubt this would work but I thought I better ask.

    Thanks!
    HI! What you are asking about is called a buddy upgrade. The carrier usually reports these to us as a deactivation and then the customer is considered to be liable for a violation of our purchase terms. We wish we could process buddy upgrades, but we are not able to at this time.
    thanks for the reply! Just curious, what is the reason that the primary line on a family account receives better upgrade discounts than the other lines??
    You are most welcome. As for the price difference, it is due to how we are compensated by the carrier for the upgrade. Primary lines receive higher compensation than other lines, and new accounts receive higher compensation than upgrades. Let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you.
  5. Droid Ninja
    nikecar's Avatar
    Member #
    207706
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,250
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by herkyMD View Post

    thanks for the reply! Just curious, what is the reason that the primary line on a family account receives better upgrade discounts than the other lines??
    Think of it this way.

    The primary is the breadwinner of the family. The additional lines are the mooching kids.
  6. Senior Droid
    Wirefly's Avatar
    Member #
    6408
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    104
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MyTouch 3G
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nikecar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herkyMD View Post

    thanks for the reply! Just curious, what is the reason that the primary line on a family account receives better upgrade discounts than the other lines??
    Think of it this way.

    The primary is the breadwinner of the family. The additional lines are the mooching kids.

    Great analogy! Thanks for the help explaining it. I appreciate it!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Wirefly Question
    By Rymanh24 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 02:50 PM
  2. Wirefly Q (discounted primary upgrade)
    By dr3wv4n3 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 11:11 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 04:29 PM
  4. Verizon ANNUAL upgrade and Wirefly
    By Eddog4DROID in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 02:25 PM
  5. Question about ordering from Wirefly??
    By Droid_Vader in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 08:20 PM

Search tags for this page

buddy upgrade verizon wirefly
,
order wirefly activate different line
,
switching wirefly phone to another line
,
wirefly
,
wirefly activate phone on different line
,
wirefly activation process
,

wirefly buddy upgrade

,
wirefly upgrade
,
wirefly upgrade fee
,
wirefly verizon upgrade
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+