In response to the other thread; I made excuses for MS for long enough and I have welcomed the Google Cloud into my life with open arms. Here are a few reasons why I DON'T miss WinMo:
1. Activesync tethering. I've never worked anywhere that has Activesync push mail setup on their Exchange servers so I've been tethered to the desktop since 2001. My phone would sit in whatever cradle/charger combo whenever I would be at my desk. Anytime I wasn't at my desk, I would be oblivious to changes.
2. Application Development. Sure, devs were out there, PocketPC even had marketplaces you could visit, but apps cost in the $10s, 20s, $30 and even $40s and $50s!!! All of the apps I ever obtained were as free as I could get them and I still have them today. I have the exact same apps I've been running since 2001. They still work, they still get the job done and they still haven't been developed on since my last download.
3. WinMo was PocketPC was WinCE before "phone" even entered the spotlight. Therefore, WinMo does a pretty mediocre job at managing phone operations. Most of the devices available are subpar and are way behind on technology.
4. My XX device from 3 years ago performs better than this POS I just bought. My HTC Touch was garbage. I'll never look at another HTC device the same way. My iPaq 3635 was more capable than my HTC Touch was, and it was 150Mhz slower.
5. You pretty much HAVE to download a custom ROM to make your device "worth" owning. I can't even count the number of ROMs I flashed on my WinMo device. Each one had something I liked, something I didn't care for, something I hated and something that just didn't work.
Personally I think WinMo is out of the picture. They lost their chance to get 7 out to the market when they released 6.5. They destroyed their image with that revision and it will take a miracle for them to recover.