DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ETA for droid problems

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    GNEX

ETA for droid problems

If you had a problem with your droid and had to exchange it, when did it occur? Was it right away, a few days into it or had you had the phone for close to a month before something went wrong? Just wondering when you knew if you had a lemon or not. I just got my droid 4 days ago and noticed on the box it was dated november 23 2009 which is close to the first launch bunch. Until I have had my phone for 30 days I am going to be noticing every little blurp to make sure its not one of the unlucky few that got a bad seed in the first generation. By the way this phone is amazing and has been great for me so far.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Release day here--no problems--two battery pulls after lockups--that's it. Use it & enjoy it.

- Mega
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Date on mine shows Nov 24th 2009. No problems with mine!
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arty2hottie View Post
    If you had a problem with your droid and had to exchange it, when did it occur? Was it right away, a few days into it or had you had the phone for close to a month before something went wrong? Just wondering when you knew if you had a lemon or not. I just got my droid 4 days ago and noticed on the box it was dated november 23 2009 which is close to the first launch bunch. Until I have had my phone for 30 days I am going to be noticing every little blurp to make sure its not one of the unlucky few that got a bad seed in the first generation. By the way this phone is amazing and has been great for me so far.
    Sounds like you haven't had the pleasure of owning a Blackberry. Specially the Storm. I think previous owners of the Storm tend not to dwell so much on little things, as we already realized that technology is not perfect and have come on board with an expectation of minor issues from time to time.

Not that I'm saying things are just fine, there are always room for improvements but if you are looking for something wrong you will find it. It's the nature of the beast. These are phones, not computers so you might want to drop your expectations down a notch.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. dro
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1/Bugless .4
    My box says Oct 6, 2009 - bought the phone on Dec 6, 2009. Had to do one battery pull, think it was the second night I had the Droid. Went to turn the screen on to call the GF but it was just frozen on the black screen. Haven't had a single issue since. Could even have been a bad app, not to mention the unimaginable amount of processes that must have been running from the previous 24 hours of messing with the poor thing.
    Last edited by dro; 01-13-2010 at 05:22 AM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    it's not the box that makes the phone, it's the build date on your phone itself. pull the batter and look for the 39/09 number. the first number is the week that your phone was manufactured, the second, the year.

you have 30 days to exchange your phone for a new one, with no questions asked (for the most part). after 30 days, you are subject to the manufacturer's 1 year warranty. vzw will still work with you during that time, but you are very likely to receive a refurbished (re-certified) phone if an exchange were to occur.

you can also buy additional warranty coverage through verizon.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    UD's 1.45 nextheme, p3 1.2ghz
    u kno thats a qreat question, im on my 3 rd droid already and never kno that there was a date on the box to check, cuz i figured that the 1st gen could of been a bad bunch but dnt kno which one to look for to kno if that was a good gen lauch. but like the one guy said if u look for a problem ur going to find it cuz every phone seemed to have it own little problem and im starting to believe u cant find two of the same driods cuz im callin verzion and having them send me my 4th one til they get it right.. if anyone know from an inside tip which ones are from a good batch please let me kno
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Sounds like you haven't had the pleasure of owning a Blackberry. Specially the Storm. I think previous owners of the Storm tend not to dwell so much on little things, as we already realized that technology is not perfect and have come on board with an expectation of minor issues from time to time.

Not that I'm saying things are just fine, there are always room for improvements but if you are looking for something wrong you will find it. It's the nature of the beast. These are phones, not computers so you might want to drop your expectations down a notch.
    Amen Hookbill! I couldn't have said it any better. Can't believe I put up with mine for a year.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    UD's 1.45 nextheme, p3 1.2ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by marcogiudice View Post
    u kno thats a qreat question, im on my 3 rd droid already and never kno that there was a date on the box to check, cuz i figured that the 1st gen could of been a bad bunch but dnt kno which one to look for to kno if that was a good gen lauch. but like the one guy said if u look for a problem ur going to find it cuz every phone seemed to have it own little problem and im starting to believe u cant find two of the same driods cuz im callin verzion and having them send me my 4th one til they get it right.. if anyone know from an inside tip which ones are from a good batch please let me kno
    ok my 2nd droid date was sept 09 and the problem was my camera wouldnt take far pics at night and wont just turn off by its self the 3rd one was dated in nov 09 and the colors in the screen were way lighter the the 2 nd one and made all my pics look like crap even when i took pics. now i kno to most people eff the camera but i use it alot

im really pissed cuz i refuse to go back to any other phone then the droid but im going on my 4th one and can seem to get one with no issuses

ps i even noticed the batteries were slighty diiferent in both phones one came with bigger lettering and fonts on the battery and date 2nd oct 3rd nov. some please help with some good advice
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    GNEX
    This reminds me of when the xbox360 came out. Some people had problems and had to get 3 to 4 xbox exchanges while others like myself didn't. It's weird how that happens.

Hook, never had the pleasure of owning a storm. From what I have heard though, that was not a pleasurable experience. lol. I know you were being sarcastic, just being sarcastic to.

I know the Droid is not perfect, I'm just talking about the major problems that occur. I consider it a major problem if viperboy has told you to exchange the phone.

640k Ill take a look at the battery when I have to pull it. Don't want to do it before I need to otherwise my phone will think its ok to always act that way.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links