DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTC Mail App stopped working with Yahoo Account

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible

Unhappy HTC Mail App stopped working with Yahoo Account

I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. (FYI I searched around and say that a few discussions threads had mentioned it, but it seemed like it all went back to normal). So I have the HTC incredible and use the HTC mail app to use my yahoo account. This afternoon it stop syncing. i.e. show me emails that I had already read and deleted via Yahoo using a computer. I deleted account on the phone and re-activated, to now get no mails to show up when refreshing, however my folders for all my Yahoo mail are shown under the folder section. Again deleted account, turned off phone, took out battery, waited, and did the who process all over only to now have it tell me Authentication Failed. Please verify your username/password. It was working fine yesterday and for the past year, but not issues. Also have heard that the HTC App works Yahoo when on 3G and not Wi-Fi, which i don't believe since I run wi-fi and update my email regularly. I also set-up my email to update when i click refresh, not 15 min like is has it set manually, I just like checking and hit refresh when i feel like it. In any case was wondering if anyone has any pointers or fixes for this issues. I did not download the Yahoo Mail app from droid market as I had done it previously, but did not like the interface and cache issues.

Sidenote, I have an Iphone 3gs - (glorified ipod now since no phone use) which i still have my Yahoo account linked to and i use at the house (wi-fi to check my email at times when i left my droid downstairs and am too lazy to get it since i have my iphone docked right next to my bed. could this be an issue? too many accounts syncd to yahoo, causing it to go screwey?

well i've written a novel on this issues, hopefully someone has a bright idea for the fix, otherwise it's taking it to verizon and getting a new phone since it's still under warranty just for fun

3. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    fascinate
    I just got a inc 2 and yahoo will not work with mine since iv got it only my AOL. I had to get maildroid and use for my yahoos.

midweststreetryders.com
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiv989 View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. (FYI I searched around and say that a few discussions threads had mentioned it, but it seemed like it all went back to normal). So I have the HTC incredible and use the HTC mail app to use my yahoo account. This afternoon it stop syncing. i.e. show me emails that I had already read and deleted via Yahoo using a computer. I deleted account on the phone and re-activated, to now get no mails to show up when refreshing, however my folders for all my Yahoo mail are shown under the folder section. Again deleted account, turned off phone, took out battery, waited, and did the who process all over only to now have it tell me Authentication Failed. Please verify your username/password. It was working fine yesterday and for the past year, but not issues. Also have heard that the HTC App works Yahoo when on 3G and not Wi-Fi, which i don't believe since I run wi-fi and update my email regularly. I also set-up my email to update when i click refresh, not 15 min like is has it set manually, I just like checking and hit refresh when i feel like it. In any case was wondering if anyone has any pointers or fixes for this issues. I did not download the Yahoo Mail app from droid market as I had done it previously, but did not like the interface and cache issues.

Sidenote, I have an Iphone 3gs - (glorified ipod now since no phone use) which i still have my Yahoo account linked to and i use at the house (wi-fi to check my email at times when i left my droid downstairs and am too lazy to get it since i have my iphone docked right next to my bed. could this be an issue? too many accounts syncd to yahoo, causing it to go screwey?

well i've written a novel on this issues, hopefully someone has a bright idea for the fix, otherwise it's taking it to verizon and getting a new phone since it's still under warranty just for fun
    This happened to me also and at the exact same time as you! I went through all the steps you did and nothing. It did reload the account several times, but keeps showing no mail, even though all the folders are there, just like you described.

I'm wondering if Yahoo has decided not to play ball with android mail apps anymore?

I hope it starts working again, but in the meantime I downloaded the Yahoo Mail app from the market. Maybe that's what yahoo wants and that's why it quit working?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I'm having the issue too. Synch stopped working yesterday morning, and nothing has been able to fix it (changing settings, deleting accounts, rebooting, hard rebooting).

This appears to be a problem on Yahoo's end. I have two Yahoo accounts on my Incredible (using the OEM mail app). One works fine, and the other doesn't.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone

Unhappy You are not alone!!

I have a EVO by Sprint and I am experiencing the exact same problem. I spoke to Sprint yesterday and the representative said that he found information about the fact that yahoo is currently servicing the servers. And currently only the mobile yahoo app will work at this time to access my mail. That sucks!!
  7. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    fascinate
    Yahoo is no longer working with maildroid either..

midweststreetryders.com
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    D1, DX, TB, D3, RZR, GN, GS3,
    Maildroid works with both of my Yahoo accounts.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I just talked to Verizon and they said yahoo is making you pay for a plus account to use their email in phone apps.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    D1, DX, TB, D3, RZR, GN, GS3,
    Have you tried with imap settings instead of pop?
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jalee7978 View Post
    I just talked to Verizon and they said yahoo is making you pay for a plus account to use their email in phone apps.
    Not true. I have two yahoo accounts on my phone (ie two different email addresses...one I use for important email, and the other I use for online ordering/junk mail/etc...). One works just fine..no hiccups. The other doesn't.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links