DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HTC Mail App stopped working with Yahoo Account

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    htc glacier (mytouch 4g)

mail app

I just wanted to put some input into this as well i work for tmobile and and unable to get my native email app to work either the same time yours stopped so has mine so i removed and reset up again manually the way i had to before. when i had first gotten my phone i was able to just go in the native mail app and sign in w/ username and password a couple of months ago i stopped getting my mail and tied the same way saying not able to communicate w/ the server... ok fine so i looked up the manual setup and did that was able to use that perfectly fine for a couple of more months so didn't think anything of it when it happened again just figured ok gotta do the same thing did it multiple times and able to set up the email account fine but no emails are being retrieved or sent... frustrating b/c like you i prefer to use the native app faster and uses less memory... still to this day not able to set up the email account thinking they just want us to use the app but if i hear any types of workarounds or it starts working again will post immanently to let you know
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I'm not very tech savvy, so I have no clue how to do anything very fancy with setting up email in different formats and things like that. I did delete my yahoo account from my mail app and installed the yahoo mail app from yahoo. My email account was hacked an hour later. The only way I can get my email on my phone now is to go through the browser. Ugh!!!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    This is some kind of a yahoo problem. Google "yahoo android mail not working" and it's all over the net. Same behavior--you can send email, but not receive incoming mail. People that have multiple accounts note that one account works and the other doesn't. Some people have created new accounts and those work, while others have created new accounts and they won't.

There were news reports that Yahoo was doing some server work a few weeks ago. I wonder if they moved some accounts to different servers and that's why some work and some don't despite having the same setup on the user's end.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Yes, there was some kind of glitch that I think all of us experienced. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any IMAP e-mail! I was able to send e-mail OK. I also kept getting an occasional 'log in failed' message when trying to synch. I switched the settings last evening to using a POP3 account with Yahoo and that seems to work. Trouble is this downloads e-mails and retains them on my Droid Incredible even when my computer e-mail is running since POP3 (as I understand it) downloads from the server rather than query it each time as IMAP does.

I would be interested to know if anyone has reconfigured IMAP and gotten it to work properly. At any rate for those who want to change over to POP3, it seems to work fine.

EDIT: FWIW, I have a complaint filed with Yahoo Plus about this whole thing and will report back once I get an answer. It must be that they have refused to recognize IMAP recieve queries on the server. I will report back on their response (which of course "due to unusually high customer volume" will be tomorrow.
    Last edited by Orange14; 06-29-2011 at 09:22 AM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Mail just came through...I did nothing, so my guess is that Yahoo addressed the issue on their side.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin411 View Post
    Mail just came through...I did nothing, so my guess is that Yahoo addressed the issue on their side.
    Are you using IMAP or POP3? If IMAP, what are your settings?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Standard IMAP settings...imap.mail.yahoo.com, ssl 993 on inbound, smtp.mail.yahoo.com ssl 465 on out.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin411 View Post
    Standard IMAP settings...imap.mail.yahoo.com, ssl 993 on inbound, smtp.mail.yahoo.com ssl 465 on out.
    Thanks, those were my old settings; I'll give them a try again today. BTW, I got a nondescript reply from Yahoo saying they are studying the problem.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone

Fixed Yahoo email on HTC Thunderbolt

I used the above comment to fix my login problems - all my email disappeared and trying to re-register I got the login failed notice.

Above said "Standard IMAP settings...imap.mail.yahoo.com, ssl 993 on inbound, smtp.mail.yahoo.com ssl 465 on out." and i noticed that my inbound was not "imap" so I changed the setting to the above and it synced immediately.

thanks for the advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links