I feel like I'm in a lone camp here. I got my Moto Droid on New Years and then I just got my wife the Droid Eris this past Saturday (using the free Eris deal).
The long of the short of it is, I kind of like the Eris over the Moto Droid for the following reasons:
- Eris is seemingly way lighter
- I do not like the physical keyboard on the Moto Droid (even though I liked physical keyboards in the past). I'm disappointed in I wonder how much of the weight issue is due to this keyboard?
- The Eris HTC UI interface is better (5 home screens vs 3 by default). I have to run Panda or some homescreen app on my Droid to make it the same. The Eris UI seems more 'refined' in a way.
- The Android 2.0 is coming to Eris in about a week (reported by two different Verizon sales reps one on the phone one in the store when I bought my wife's Eris).
- Tracball on the Eris is nice at times and is definitely functional.
- Eris is $100 cheaper
- Apps simply 'spontaneously' launch without me wanting them too (calendars, weatherbug, my uploads, etc.) that simply don't happen on my wife's Eris.
Sure the Moto droid is faster at certain tasks, has a slightly bigger screen, Android 2.0 (today), and higher resolution. I'm just not seeing how these things really outweigh the Eris bullets above (for me at least).
Am I missing something? Am I alone?