DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Calendar default settings

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Calendar default settings

Does anyone know how to change two of the Droid's default calendar settings? Specifically:

(1) For a new event, the default reminder is 10 minutes. Can this be changed to another included setting such as 1 hour, so all new events would have a 1 hour reminder without my having to change anything?

(2) Is there a way to change the weekly (or daily) view so I can see the whole day without having to scroll, or even more of the day that the calendar currently shows?

Thanks!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG --> DX --> GNex
    Quote Originally Posted by BobBuchman View Post
    Does anyone know how to change two of the Droid's default calendar settings? Specifically:

(1) For a new event, the default reminder is 10 minutes. Can this be changed to another included setting such as 1 hour, so all new events would have a 1 hour reminder without my having to change anything?

(2) Is there a way to change the weekly (or daily) view so I can see the whole day without having to scroll, or even more of the day that the calendar currently shows?

Thanks!
    1. Open the Calendar and hit the menu soft key. Select More>>Settings>>Default Reminder Time.

2. Open the Calendar and hit the menu soft key. Select either Day or Week.

Hope that was straight forward!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman2 View Post
    Why must people insist on posting these things when my flamethrower is in for repairs?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Calendar widget

Is there a way to change the way the calendar widget displays on your home screen? Specifically, it will show today's day/date across the top in a blue bar, and then underneath that in the white space display tomorrow's date and tomorrow's scheduled events.

How come it doesn't show TODAY'S scheduled events??? The only way I can see today's is to go into the calendar app. The widget doesn't do much good showing me tomorrow instead of today. Any help???
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorparsons View Post
    Is there a way to change the way the calendar widget displays on your home screen? Specifically, it will show today's day/date across the top in a blue bar, and then underneath that in the white space display tomorrow's date and tomorrow's scheduled events.

How come it doesn't show TODAY'S scheduled events??? The only way I can see today's is to go into the calendar app. The widget doesn't do much good showing me tomorrow instead of today. Any help???
    it shows upcoming events. events that passed are in the past. there are other calendar widgets in the marketplace that may suit your needs better.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    What about events that are set as "all day" in Google Calendar? Or events that have yet to happen today? These are the things that would be great to see right on the widget -- much more pressing than tomorrow's events IMO.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorparsons View Post

You might want to look at Pure Calendar in the Marketplace. It has a nice widget that you can customize to your needs. Also has a feature to sync with Astrid Task as well. I find that Pure Calendar and Pure Grid calendar work the best for me. I hardly use the stock calendar now. Grid is nice, especially working with multiple calendars as it shows a colored bar across the days.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Your answer to my first question is perfect. Thanks.

However, for the second question (Is there a way to change the weekly or daily view so I can see the whole day without having to scroll, or even more of the day that the calendar currently shows) I know how to switch to the daily or weekly view, but in either view, I still have to scroll up and down the see any events for the entire day. Any suggestions??
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG --> DX --> GNex
    Quote Originally Posted by BobBuchman View Post
    Your answer to my first question is perfect. Thanks.

However, for the second question (Is there a way to change the weekly or daily view so I can see the whole day without having to scroll, or even more of the day that the calendar currently shows) I know how to switch to the daily or weekly view, but in either view, I still have to scroll up and down the see any events for the entire day. Any suggestions??
    gotcha now. i misread.

My guess? I don't think so. In portait view you see 8am to 5pm by default. Seems to be a business-like approach to the calendar daily view. I see no other way to see a full day w/o scrolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman2 View Post
    Why must people insist on posting these things when my flamethrower is in for repairs?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DroidX

Default - Agenda View

I have yet to figure out how to set AGENDA as the default view when I open my calendar. It seems to always default back to week view? Any ideas? Thanks.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    hit agenda, then hit home. it will remain agenda for as long as the OS remains up (or for as long as the calendar stays resident in memory). unfortunately, there's no way to set which one is the default view.

Links