DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [Home Replacement App] Sweeter Home public Beta is out!!

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    the preview one is the one in the market and it sucks. i dl'd preview 2 from their home page and eh.... i think i'll stick with what i had lol. ALSO i saw someone say in another forum that he put this on then rebooted his phone and it's stuck on the droideye. scary. i uninstalled
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    (Droid) Motorola Razr HD
    This thing wants access to WAY too many resources. Why does it need to read messages?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by droiddict View Post
    This thing wants access to WAY too many resources. Why does it need to read messages?
    It has a widget-type display where it displays your SMS messages in a scrollable window.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Phone
    Nexus Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by droiddict View Post
    Watch the animation on THIS PAGE and it will make a lot more sense. For those using preview 1, I recommend you uninstall it and try the one from the website. Also, download a theme to get rid of the gingerbread garbage.

Edit: Actually, they have some good youtube videos up HERE.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Phone
    Nexus Prime
    Just watched a couple of the videos, one thing that everyone here can appreciate is that you have the ability to put icons anywhere. You're not limited to the 4x4 grid at all. I'm gonna play with this for a while today and hopefully get a screenshot or two up.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I don't know if I have the patience to make my own but some themes on that could be REALLY cool! Like the latest video on the link you posted, that one looks NICE
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Currently attempting to learn SweeterHome Public Bets 2 ---> SweeterHome2 - Wiki - sweeterhome.com
    Its confusing me. I'm runnning on 2.1 successfully. However I'm having a problem with the Live Wallpapers playing fair with it. This is where I began..

So far I'm..eh..Not too far ahead. :-)

Attempting to get more...maybe get some more REGULAR apps on the screen... All I've changed so far is the wallpaper and the widget. I wanted to put Beautiful Widgets at the top, and drop "settings from the bottome, but I like the news and weather better from 2.1. So far its.. eh..okay. Three screens from what I've used. Retail space is.."eh."... Still prefer my 5 screens on 2.1 launcher but I'm just playing with this for the day. Figured some might want to know..
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by ipawd1 View Post
    Currently attempting to learn SweeterHome Public Bets 2 ---> SweeterHome2 - Wiki - sweeterhome.com
    Its confusing me. I'm runnning on 2.1 successfully. However I'm having a problem with the Live Wallpapers playing fair with it. This is where I began..

Attempting to get more...maybe get some more REGULAR apps on the screen... All I've changed so far is the wallpaper and the widget. I wanted to put Beautiful Widgets at the top, and drop "settings from the bottome, but I like the news and weather better from 2.1. So far its.. eh..okay. Three screens from what I've used. Retail space is.."eh."... Still prefer my 5 screens on 2.1 launcher but I'm just playing with this for the day. Figured some might want to know..
    Lol it was super confusing at first but after starting from scratch I was able to pick it up fairly easily. I just spent like 3 hours customizing my droid. I'm going to try and post some screenshots of what I was able to come up with and let everyone see what it's capable of.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ipawd1 View Post

Lol it was super confusing at first but after starting from scratch I was able to pick it up fairly easily. I just spent like 3 hours customizing my droid. I'm going to try and post some screenshots of what I was able to come up with and let everyone see what it's capable of.
    Hey you have google talk? May need a walkthrough
  10. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Ok here goes nothing...here is my first attempt to make something somewhat decent:

Top Screen: Application drawer (scrollable)

Left Screen: Communications screen with three different states, contacts, calls, and sms (scrollable also, had to blur my contacts and stuff for privacy)

Main Home Screen: Daily agenda with shortcuts, and Twitter

Right Home Screen: Calendar and Power Control

Bottom Screen: Music and shortcuts to settings

I used was Sweeter Home 2 public Beta, and widgets/apps I already had.

Performance wise, I'm still getting the occational Force Close. The only added additional memory load I see is just 3mb for Sweeter Home and 2mb for Slacker radio widget. I was surprised how low Sweeter Home memory load is. I didn't use any Pictures for my customization btw, so that might have helped with the memory load.
    Last edited by JonKyu; 01-11-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links