DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [Home Replacement App] Sweeter Home public Beta is out!!

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post
    Hey guys I'm making another theme again, this dedicated to my favorite Droid site!! lol What do you think? It's just a mock-up of what the default screen will look like. This one is probably only going to be 3 screens in total.
    That's AWESOME. I was going to try to make a theme today. Where did you get the icon? I really like them (sorry if it's a dumb question, like if they are already included in the theme builder, haven't played much with it yet).

Have you uploaded it yet? Please update us when you do. I'd like to use that until I get mine up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by wuyanks View Post
    very nice work with this home replacement, everyone! is it 2.1 compatible? johnkyu that droidforum theme you made is great
    That hasn't been answered yet (least that I've seen). That's one reason I was going to wait but after using a few themes I'm going to go ahead and go with it. To be honest I will probably hold off a bit on the 2.1 update (a few days) just to be sure it works and doesn't break to much. Worse case we may have to wait a few days for the guys over at Sweeter to make some minor changes. But it's a great question I wish more developers would start to address.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Phone
    Nexus Prime
    If anyone wants to try my theme out, it's "Icestheme1". The only widget on it is beautiful widgets so everything else should work right off the bat. I think it's a good starting point for anyone who is good with design, I'd love to see what someone creative could do with it.

JonKyu, I tried yours and I like it. I'm not big on the twitter stuff, but I may incorporate some of your ideas into my theme.

EDIT: SOMEONE PLEASE D/L MY THEME AND MAKE SURE MY DIRECT SMS AND DIRECT CALL LINKS ARE GONE... I do NOT want those passed around publicly.
    Last edited by ice456789; 01-13-2010 at 09:47 AM.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Hey guys I'm making another theme again, this dedicated to my favorite Droid site!! lol What do you think? It's just a mock-up of what the default screen will look like. This one is probably only going to be 3 screens in total.
    sweet...how do i find this?

Also, when you choose theme, you always have to download it again? you can't download it to your sd card or phone so you can choose anytime? maybe i'm doing this wrong.

how do you guys get different icons? when i download it to my phone, i usually never see the icon displayed. do i need to download icons too?
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by ice456789 View Post
    If anyone wants to try my theme out, it's "Icestheme1". The only widget on it is beautiful widgets so everything else should work right off the bat. I think it's a good starting point for anyone who is good with design, I'd love to see what someone creative could do with it.

JonKyu, I tried yours and I like it. I'm not big on the twitter stuff, but I may incorporate some of your ideas into my theme.

EDIT: SOMEONE PLEASE D/L MY THEME AND MAKE SURE MY DIRECT SMS AND DIRECT CALL LINKS ARE GONE... I do NOT want those passed around publicly.
    Got it, don't see them so unless I'm missing something they are gone.

Okay, odd question. When you d/l a theme does it delete the old one(s) or do we amass them all on the phone (i.e. wasting memory, since it doesn't appear you can load them from the phone)
    Last edited by KZIWarrior; 01-13-2010 at 10:11 AM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Phone
    Nexus Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by KZIWarrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ice456789 View Post

Got it, don't see them so unless I'm missing something they are gone.

Okay, odd question. When you d/l a theme does it delete the old one(s) or do we amass them all on the phone (i.e. wasting memory, since it doesn't appear you can load them from the phone)
    Appreciate that. Last thing I need is my wife's number getting public. She's really hot and completely out of my league so I don't need the competition.

I do not believe they are stored on your SD card but you can save them to it if you want. The only ones I found on my phone were the ones I saved to SD.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    This is most probably a stupid question, but here goes...

I downloaded the .apk, but when I upload it to the phone, where do I put it? I don't seem to have a folder for it.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan.Droid View Post
    This is most probably a stupid question, but here goes...

I downloaded the .apk, but when I upload it to the phone, where do I put it? I don't seem to have a folder for it.
    on your SD card just put it wherever you like. It's just an install file. there is a folder on the SD card called 'download' (or will be if you've d/l anything via the browser). Then you'll have to use a file manager to navigate to it a launch it. Good file managers are OI filemanager and Astro. Both available via marketplace or http://www.openintents.org/en/download
    Last edited by KZIWarrior; 01-13-2010 at 10:33 AM.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Got an ETA? And are you icons included in the program or did you pull them from somewhere else. They look great. Looking forward to it.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    How do you make themes for this? I've been looking through the themes and haven't seen anything that does what I'm looking for. So, I'm willing to try my hand at making my own.

Edit: Actually, I think I found one. But I still wouldn't mind knowing how to make my own, so if anybody has a link to a tutorial or something, I would much appreciate it.
    Last edited by Dan.Droid; 01-13-2010 at 11:51 AM.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The BIONIC
    I took one of the existing themes and started customizing it to my liking. or you can simply start from scratch. I highly recommend watching the youtube vids on the sweeterhome site to understand how things work.
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Links