DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Pro: Nexus One with a Keyboard (Bad for Droids)

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Nexus One Pro: Nexus One with a Keyboard (Bad for Droids)

Nexus One Pro: World Phone With Keyboard, Bigger Battery? | Android Phone Fans

Wow, I know you can never keep up with technology, but this really sucks! Part of the reason I was so happy to own a Droid over a Nexus One was because of the physical keyboard, and it isn't even that great on the Droid (not horrible though). I have a feeling HTC will make a damn good keyboard if it's anything like the Touch Pro 2.

EDIT: Okay, not bad for Droids, bad for MY Droid.
    Last edited by spazma7ik; 01-10-2010 at 03:12 AM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    TEH ߀R DROID
    Hmmm... We will have to see. Its a cool idea but who knows how long until it will be out. I don't see myself getting a new phone for quite some time considering how amazing the DROID is but ehhh we will see. I can upgrade in April so if something even more amazing (doubt it) comes out I can always pick it up

Wagner
    If I owned an iPhone then I would think that iSUCK
    DROID FOR LIFE
    VIC DROID Member #1
    "So you took it apart and now it doesn't work? Why does that not surprise me?"
    "If I don't remember it, it never happened"
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bugless Beast
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did come out with this, it makes total sense for them to do it. However, with anything with Enterprise tacked on to it, comes an enterprise price.

How is this bad for the droid? I love mine, I don't see how a new device hurts mine any? Especially one that is just focused on an enterprise business model, that's a completely different market than for consumers. Stop worrying about new devices and just enjoy the one you own!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    I don't see how any Nexus stuff harms Droid. I don't see how any phone harms any other phone. Its not like as you're walking down the street your phone has to go into a street battle and "serve" other passersby's phones. Though i guess if it was a phone dance off the droid speaker pretty much has every other phone whipped, for now.

All good android devices are good for droid and android in general. It will make devs wanna make/port apps for us, and thats a good thing... mostly! Can't all our phones just <3 each other?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bugless Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercuie View Post
    Its not like as you're walking down the street your phone has to go into a street battle and "serve" other passersby's phones.
    Hahaha that's a funny image!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Goodbye Storm Hello Droid!
    sounds like it's just a rumor right? no confirmation yet
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX
    I have no idea whatsoever how that has anything to do with the well being of a Motorola Droid. Phone wars are beyond lame.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The "Droid killers" are already showing up. Oh well, Droid, you had a good run. Two months may seem like a short time but, face it, it's over.

The point being there are going to be a gazillion new phones, some with the Android OS, some without, some from Google, some from elsewhere, with keyboards, OLEDs, 7 MP cameras, .....

Whether or not they "ruin" your Droid for you depends on your needs. I'm happy with mine for a good long time.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Did I not read a story on TechCrunch that said that the Nexus One was the first of a series of devices? Why yes, now that I look in to it I did;

Nexus One Coming To Verizon And Vodafone, First Of A “Series Of Devices”

Now, that story doesn't say that HTC will not make all of these phones, but it also doesn't say that it will. Who knows, the next "Google Phone" may just be a Motorola with a slider.

Aside from that, competition is what the consumer needs in this space. The last thing that we need is a situation that exists with the iPhone where there is one model. It would be great to see Motorola continue to innovate and deliver new and compelling phones that deliver a great Android experience. The ball is in their court. I, for one, did not anticipate Google saving themselves only for Moto.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Nexus One Pro... Interesting... If ever this becomes true, at least we will all have selections to choose from Verizon. I use to remember 3-4 years ago that if you want a smartphone, the only way to go this route is the MotoQ.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links