DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Iphone Face book App...

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX
    It does. but that didn't happen till the 3.0 update that came back in Sept. I believe. Before that, their app was pretty much on par with what we have now on the Droid.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    Quote Originally Posted by iPirate View Post
    What else is needed? I have only used the Facebook app for Droid not iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPirate View Post
    What else is needed? I have only used the Facebook app for Droid not iPhone.
    You have like 2 home screens on the FB app that you can customize. There are events section, FB Chat, inbox, etc....pretty much the web version of FB is put together as an app for the iPhone. It can do anything you can do as if you were on the computer except playing flash games.
    Also you can't upload a picture in a status update or to someone else's wall. Also I notice little "bugs" like when trying to see "older posts" the button doesn't accept touch. I have to use the browser for main use, but the app to see comments on pictures.

They definitely need to do a bit of improving.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I agree. The Facebook app for Android is lacking a lot. My friend has the app for her iPod and it is much better.

Ever notice how half of the options in the facebook app for Android forces you to open something in the browser instead of from the app itself? That really annoys me.

There are other facebook apps on the market, but I haven't tried them. But its not a huge deal to me obviously if I didn't bother trying the other apps.

But, yes, it still needs improvement. But I see how that can be a pain for those not wanting to wait for it to slowly get better.

Android just isn't as old/mature as the iphone operating system yet. Eventually (within next few years) I think we will surpass most everything the iphone has.

But my Android phone (Moto Droid) is already superior to the iPhone =]
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    yea the blackberry facebook app was way better than the droid's too I switched to the droid the beginning of december and have had problems with the app every since it wont even give me updated notifications i just get a 601 error and I have read from multiple websites that many people are having this issue i have emailed the developer a bunch of times but no response!!! what does it take to get an update for droid for facebook??? maybe they should get ahold of the people at blackberry that made theirs!!! lol
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    You guys need to get past this iphone ****, or just go back to it if you think its a better phone. I dont think there are alot of members in here that give a damm about the i phone.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    lol i never said anything bout the iphone??? do u know anything bout how to fix the facebook app on the droid?? the phone has alot of cool features but the facebook app is so frustrating i just keep getting errors and never get my notifications
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    AnurajBhatt
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    I agree the native droid facebook app is junk. I downloaded Bloo from the market. It is touted as the "de facto native facebook app" for android. It's not as good as the iPhone facebook app but it is miles ahead of the native app. And it's free.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bretfeltman View Post
    lol i never said anything bout the iphone??? do u know anything bout how to fix the facebook app on the droid?? the phone has alot of cool features but the facebook app is so frustrating i just keep getting errors and never get my notifications
    I understand the frustration with some of the apps right now, the app system with the droid requires no approval before it hits the market place.
    Thats a good thing but at the same time its a bad thing, so it is a hit and miss at best but give it time to grow. Im sure we will see great facebook apps soon enough, developers are now seeing there is a profit potental with the android phones and moto is already building a new app store.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I really miss my facebook app from my iPhone (one of the only things I truly miss) That and the Tweetie app for twitter beat droid hands down. But honestly those are the only two things I can think of other than better games.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Check out Bloo for facebook. Its better than standard app
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links