DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The only 2 things I hate about the Droid

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

The only 2 things I hate about the Droid

Fanatics are close-minded fools which hinder technology; don't reply. Please read with an open mind.

I've been using the Droid for a couple of weeks now, and I've noticed 2 intrinsic flaws that absolutely boil my blood. Other than that I absolutely love it. These don't necessarily effect performance, but the fact that they must be so easy to fix is kind of upsetting that Google hasn't done something about this.

1) Default Applications. To include these is an insult. To make them non-deletable is an attack. Amazon MP3? **** YOU AMAZON. I illegally download all of my MP3s like an American. I had to root my Droid, and void my warranty to get rid of this bull****, and its absolutely infuriating. I'm going to pirate some music right now just to spite this.

2) Not as bad, but icon text.

--- A) I don't want icon text - that is what the icon is for.
    --- B) If I MUST have icon text, only 8-or-so characters show up, which makes it look like absolute ****.

Such a beautiful OS, only to be inhibited by this easily fixed issues. I can't believe this has gotten past any version, or even testing of the system.
    Last edited by EmmVeePee; 01-09-2010 at 02:22 PM.
    -MVP

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    exactly, id like to be able to delete things ill never use.... amazon app being one of them..
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    if you download dxtop home replacement you can get rid of the icon text. none of the other ones do that. People are already rid of amazon and those apps....do a search i guess
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I got rid of the apps too, but afaik you need to root. At least that's how I did it. This really is the sole reason why I rooted.

I tried dxtop and didn't really like it.
    -MVP
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmVeePee View Post
    I got rid of the apps too, but afaik you need to root. At least that's how I did it. This really is the sole reason why I rooted.

I tried dxtop and didn't really like it.
    Users have also reported that removing apps can cause issues....It's been suggested to rename them.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I didn't know I was not being a good American by purchasing my music. I thought steeling was wrong.

I think it's mildly amusing that the OP posted on the two things he doesn't like about the Droid. It goes to show that the majority of people who post about something post because they have a complaint. At least the OP does admit that he likes everything else about the phone but why not a nice opening post about that instead of a rant on Amazon.com and justifying steeling music?

I will say this: If the music you are illegally downloading is rap I say no harm, no foul. But if you're doing this with good old American rock & roll then shame on you.

OK, I'll climb off my soap box now.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Send emails to Microsoft and Apple about the text under icons too. lol

It doesn't bother me to have text and is useful if someone picks up your phone for the first time.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I illegally download all of my MP3s like an American.
    lmao You caught me off guard and I almost spit my beer out.

Originally Posted by hookbill
    I will say this: If the music you are illegally downloading is rap I say no harm, no foul
    +1
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDroid View Post
    I illegally download all of my MP3s like an American.
    lmao You caught me off guard and I almost spit my beer out.

Originally Posted by hookbill
    I will say this: If the music you are illegally downloading is rap I say no harm, no foul
    +1
    Need I say more Amazon MP3 doesn't bother me.... I do not look at the Apps drawer at alll...... I use folders!
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I didn't know I was not being a good American by purchasing my music. I thought steeling was wrong.

I think it's mildly amusing that the OP posted on the two things he doesn't like about the Droid. It goes to show that the majority of people who post about something post because they have a complaint. At least the OP does admit that he likes everything else about the phone but why not a nice opening post about that instead of a rant on Amazon.com and justifying steeling music?

I will say this: If the music you are illegally downloading is rap I say no harm, no foul. But if you're doing this with good old American rock & roll then shame on you.

OK, I'll climb off my soap box now.
    Go ahead and tell me whats right and whats wrong, Dad. Jimi never had a stance on pirating. Usually complaints lead to improvements - you get a greater response by saying what you don't like rather than what you like. What we like doesn't need to be changed, and can be inferred from stating what we don't like.

Anyway, the pirating music thing was mainly a joke. I do purchase music from bands that I like. The main thing is if I wanted to buy MP3s, I probably wouldn't buy them from Amazon, and by giving me no choice whether to have the app in the first place takes away from the "freedom" which draws people into smartphones.
    -MVP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links