DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: droid slowing down?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid

droid slowing down?

When I first got my droid when adding a new shortcut it was very responsive and the menus loaded quickly. Now after using it for a little over a month when adding a new shortcut say an application it takes up to a minute for the app selection to load. this is probably a dumb question but has anyone else experianced this? Would having a large amount of apps be the problem or am I the only one?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    that's a new one on me, but yeah, you're limited on space, so choose wisely. some apps are bigger pigs than others.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I also had problems after some time with the phone becoming slower. I dont know if its time or just the addition of apps. Hopefully 2.1 will resolve this
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    are you using a home screen replacement? are you using a lot of widgets each screen? those can cause the phone to lag a little.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    No home screen replacement or widgets, i had a task manager but got rid of it because i learned there is no need for one and it was slowing it down but it still lags
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    thats interesting. next thing I would try is just restarting the phone, this sometimes helps refresh everything. if not, try downloading advance task manager again and close all the apps and see if that helps.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    My advice would be to uninstall any apps that you think seem unpolished, and see if it helps. It would probably benefit you to do a wipe and reinstall everything one by one. I know it is a pain in the butt, but there is no reason for the lag except for a faulty application either leaking ram or loading the cpu. I have 5 home screens all full of widgets and what-nots, plus I am running home++. I can load up some music in the background and my app dock still responds like butter. Basically what I am telling you is that I am sure that your problem is coming from a rogue app, not android itself. Singling out the app is up to you and how much time you want to spend finding it. It would be worth the work in my opinion, but I am a stickler for speed. Hope I could be of some help. I urge you to find that pesky app and uninstall it!

One more thing- if you are running 2.1 it is definitely less responsive than 2.01 in my opinion. I was running 2.1 for about a week and couldn't handle it anymore. Wait until 2.1 source is released and we will see a major speed increase. Or do what I do and get a nice 2.01 rom with all the 2.1 goodies in it.

AllDroid.org - View topic - [ROM] Sholes.info team 2.0.1 ROM 1.0 RC1 !

Thats the most responsive rom I've tried by far. The 2.1 launcher is the only thing I would opt out of, as it's a little laggy in its current state.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    Quote Originally Posted by tu3218 View Post
    thats interesting. next thing I would try is just restarting the phone, this sometimes helps refresh everything. if not, try downloading advance task manager again and close all the apps and see if that helps.
    Do NOT download advance task manager.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tu3218 View Post
    Do NOT download advance task manager.
    I agree, a task manager is worthless for its "intended" use of constantly clearing up ram, but it could be useful in singling out which app is causing problems.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have advanced task manager, so should i uninstall it?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links