DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: droid slowing down?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Quote Originally Posted by msallese31 View Post
    I have advanced task manager, so should i uninstall it?
    It's not really detrimental to have, it's just unnecessary. Android will manage your memory for you, there is really no reason to manually mange it yourself. Like I said it could help in singling out a problem app by killing processes or apps and determining whether they are causing problems. Aside from that, just let android do what it was designed to do. I have never had a task manager and my droid is blazing fast, with tons of widgets, music playing, home replacement, and whatever else.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I uninstalled it. It's not that bad with speed i just dont see the speed you guys are talking about, and im not even doing much. I would rather not uninstall everything also
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I wouldnt un-install ATK, I have it and it hasn't slowed my phone at all as I have done tests with and without it. In fact when my phone starts to lag I open ATK and kill everything and it speeds up, imagine that? I'm not OCD about it but there have been times I literally needed it.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thats exactly how i was, but i read all this stuff about how bad it was but i never really saw it
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    ATK has not slowed my phone down one bit. Yeah android does manage memory for you but what if you do want to just close everything at once so you can at least operate your phone with good memory available. Also sometimes for example an app that uses gps, when I'm done with it, it may continue to use the gps. Instead of waiting for android to kill the app an waste battery from using gps, I can just kill in right away with ATK.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I've found this lag at times with the 2.1 launcher as well, but figure it's just because I'm running it on 2.0.1.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID DOES.....me long time =P
    But I thought the more running programs you have the more they eat your battery? B/c when you open "Battery use" all the idle apps that haven't been killed are listed with their percentage of battery that they are using.....??
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Running yes, installed no. The os alreadey takes care of memory management. Its not necessary to have a task killer.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid IV
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdphotorecon View Post
    When I first got my droid when adding a new shortcut it was very responsive and the menus loaded quickly. Now after using it for a little over a month when adding a new shortcut say an application it takes up to a minute for the app selection to load. this is probably a dumb question but has anyone else experianced this? Would having a large amount of apps be the problem or am I the only one?
    Mine too. I thought it was just getting old, but I guess it's all the little programs (apps and widgets) we load it up with.

Gotta put a light load on it, otherwise it'll knda drag through life.

Regards,
    Rocky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links