DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: The Wi-Fi setting

  1. Junior Droid
    InfiniteLoop's Avatar
    Member #
    10358
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Question The Wi-Fi setting

    I don't understand what the Wi-Fi setting is needed for. I can access the Internet with or without it enabled. What is the purpose of enabling it?

    Thanks
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    backlash's Avatar
    Member #
    14042
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    273
    Phone
    Galaxy S III(white)
    #2
    Wifi is faster?

    Or say for example, you work has free secure wi fi..............and 3G coverage is spotty in your work area.
  4. Junior Droid
    InfiniteLoop's Avatar
    Member #
    10358
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by backlash View Post
    Wifi is faster?

    Or say for example, you work has free secure wi fi..............and 3G coverage is spotty in your work area.

    If you enable Wi-Fi, then will it always be used instead of 3G if it's available? How can you tell which is in use?

    Thanks
  5. Master Droid
    backlash's Avatar
    Member #
    14042
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    273
    Phone
    Galaxy S III(white)
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteLoop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash View Post
    Wifi is faster?

    Or say for example, you work has free secure wi fi..............and 3G coverage is spotty in your work area.

    If you enable Wi-Fi, then will it always be used instead of 3G if it's available? How can you tell which is in use?

    Thanks
    If Wi-Fi is connected, the 3G icon will go away in the status bar and will be replaced by a different icon. I think it's the same icon that's in the stock power control widget.
  6. Junior Droid
    InfiniteLoop's Avatar
    Member #
    10358
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by backlash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteLoop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash View Post
    Wifi is faster?

    Or say for example, you work has free secure wi fi..............and 3G coverage is spotty in your work area.

    If you enable Wi-Fi, then will it always be used instead of 3G if it's available? How can you tell which is in use?

    Thanks
    If Wi-Fi is connected, the 3G icon will go away in the status bar and will be replaced by a different icon. I think it's the same icon that's in the stock power control widget.
    I see. thanks for the info.
  7. Master Droid
    sillyrabbitt123's Avatar
    Member #
    10413
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    892
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #6
    also somethings require wifi like sending larger files or tv.com shows stream some stuff in wifi only

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Help setting up POP email
    By shimanomike in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 03:20 PM
  2. Setting Up SDK
    By Breezer23 in forum Android App Developers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 12:48 PM
  3. setting the time!!
    By fedupwithdroid in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 07:31 PM
  4. Setting keep resetting
    By f150steeler in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 12:16 PM
  5. Wi-Fi Setting?
    By dreemesicle in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 08:27 AM

Search tags for this page

what is the purpose of wifi on a droid

,

what is wi fi setting

,

what is wi fi settings

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+