DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My story with Verizon: The good, the bad, and the ugly

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1 Rooted... testing roms

My story with Verizon: The good, the bad, and the ugly

Ok so, let's start from the beginning. I recently went on vacation to mexico and brought along my OG Droid. This had been my 3rd replacement phone, as my first 3 Droids all had keyboard problems.

Up until this point, I had had no problems with this droid, and have had it since November of '10.

That is, until, I came back from Mexico and I started receiving the same keyboard problem (where I would type a letter, either 3 letters would show up or no letters would show up at all.)

JUST PERFECT. So I decided to do a little research before running to verizon, and saw that I could possibly squeeze out an upgrade from them.

So I called, and was told that my 1 year warranty had expired, and the 90 day warranty from the refurb device had as well. Crap. I was given an option to either take an upgrade from another line on my plan or get a upgraded "like-new" device for a discount. I didn't want to pay anything so I didn't budge.

Well luckily, I was able to negotiate a like-new OG droid out of them. Big red overnighted it to me the next day. This was on monday.

I am still stuck with the same phone. Why you ask? Let me explain.

Tuesday came, and when I arrived home found a slip from fedex saying I needed to sign for the package before it was just dropped off. I signed the slip, left it on the door and waited another day.

Wednesday: came home to the package, fired the phone up, activated it and the whole nine. Everything worked great. But.

The screen would take what seemed like forever to turn on. In reality it only took 4 seconds or so, but clearly this is not okay.

I then switch back to my other phone because, although I can deal with a faulty keyboard, I can't deal with that kind of delay everytime I turn on my phone.

As of now, this replacement is sitting on my counter. Waiting to be shipped back.

So I call up verizon again and explain my problem and get sent over to tech support.

THANK GOD I got a vzw tech with some kind of sense of customer care. I explained how I've had so much trouble with my droids and went on a guilt trip blah blah blah. But at first it seemed like a dead end.

She offered me the same offer as the tech before. I pushed it this time, saying something like "oh, well since I've had just bad luck with this phone and i've been such a loyal customer, I was wondering if there's any other options. Possibly moving on to a Droid 2 or incredible for free?"

It worked. She asked me which one I wanted and chose the Droid 2. I was so happy because I really just wanted something new to play with.

Got overnight shipping on it and was very excited for it to come.

Thursday came; excited, I rip open the package. But guess what I see. A FREAKING DROID 1 instead.

This phone is still sitting in wrapping and everything on my counter as well.

I immediately call up verizon and wonder whats happening. They apologize for the mix up, keep me on the phone for 30 min, and end up giving me an extended battery for free.

Now I'm waiting for this to arrive.

Anybody else have troubles like this with verizon?
    Droid2 GLOBAL
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    i sent my droid x back to vzw and the fedex tracking said the package was signed for on March 30. I was told i would get a full credit and my original contract date reinstated. I never got the confirmation txt from vzw so i called customer service. I was told it takes time...I called again a week later same story. I finally sent an email via the vzw.com saying i have been a loyal customer for years and never had a problem with a phone until i got my droid...and ever since vzw got the iphone customer service got bad...

So i got an email and a call from customer support saying within 24 hrs they'll find out what's going on... as well as kissing my butt. It's now been 10 days since i sent email and still nothing.

verizon is a joke and i doubt i will sign another contract with them. i will certainly won't ever buy anything from motorola again and told a coworker NOT to buy the xoom cuz moto is not good.

the worst thing to ever happen to verizon customers is getting vzw getting the iphone. everything changed the moment the iphone news broke.

Edited for avoiding swear filter.
    Last edited by Vulcan1600; 04-28-2011 at 07:01 PM.
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Wow. You mean providing additional service above and beyond what you're entitltled to? Yes, I've experienced this many times from Verizon. But I never played it out to sound like I was victimized.

OP, you have an entitlement issue.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    I can honestly say every VZ CS expeierence ive had i seem to be very happy. They really try to help... At least for me. I havent had too many problems. And SMD, Maybe you should call and check? Im sure their not intentionally trying to keep you uninformed.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    CR4V3
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Pro
    I had an issue when I had my OG Droid, VZW sent me a replacement phone which had dead pixels on the screen. I lived with it for a little while then one day got fed up and called them. They happily replaced the phone. The only problem was the replacement slide mechanism. I called them and they sent out a replacement, but that was even worse.

I spent about 30 minutes on the phone but I got them to give me a Dinc as a replacement. I was pretty happy with their actions. Try not to be so hard them dude, at least they're replacing it and not stonewalling you.
    Rocking a Motorola Droid Pro

Check out my Twitter!

LiveProfile: LP5JIRMO
    Kik!: CR4V3
    PingChat!: charlievictor
    GTalk: cvalitzski(at)gmail.com
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    I wouldn't say there's an entitlement issue (because that's a character issue and that can't be judged one someone you don't know).

I will say, however, that you got a really good deal. If you have to jump through a few hoops, big deal.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by lerit50 View Post
    It worked. She asked me which one I wanted and chose the Droid 2. I was so happy because I really just wanted something new to play with.
    Then buy something new.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1 Rooted... testing roms
    Sorry I wrote this up to vent frustration. I meant to put more shame on the replacement crappyness than the customer service I received. I'm very grateful to be getting a d2

Sent from my OG
    Droid2 GLOBAL
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    CR4V3
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by lerit50 View Post
    Sorry I wrote this up to vent frustration. I meant to put more shame on the replacement crappyness than the customer service I received. I'm very grateful to be getting a d2

Sent from my OG
    There does seem to be something lacking with their CLN replacements. I definitely wouldn't call the Druids I got "like new".

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums
    Rocking a Motorola Droid Pro

Check out my Twitter!

LiveProfile: LP5JIRMO
    Kik!: CR4V3
    PingChat!: charlievictor
    GTalk: cvalitzski(at)gmail.com
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    DROID2
    I kept getting my OG droid replaced cuz there was always something wrong with it. I received up to 8 replacements until a tech @ a store tried to sbf my phone and briked it lol she was so scared n didn't know what to do. I knew exactly how to fix it but I let them handle it but they couldn't get it to work so I told them I wanted a free upgrade or early contract termination wit no fee. I got a brand new D2 wit a brand new back cover n extended battery. My wife also had problems wit her OG so I called and told them my story n the tech was the one who suggested getting her a D2 also so I took it. Now we both have D2s. But these phone still have problems so I guess were switching to HTC I've heard wonders.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links