DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LED light notifications

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X

LED light notifications

I really love the LED light notification, it allows me to give my phone a quick glance and see if I get a new e-mail, text message, twidroid post, missed call, etc...What I noticed is that if I get a new e-mail (blinks green), then get a twidroid update notification (blinks blue) it never blinks green again. It's not a really big deal but if I get a missed call (blinks red) then get a twidroid update right after...I'm not really going to know I got a missed call until I turn on the device. I was wondering if there was a way to make the LED notification light alternate blinking, like blink red then blink blue. That way I know I got a missed call and can respond to it right away rather than ignoring it because I think it's just a twidroid update. Anyone know of a way to do this?

Also, I'm still on my quest to find a protective pouch for my droid (my old iPod video case is starting to fall apart, and I want something a little more protective). I've seen the Sena Elega (I like it but hate the little belt clip, I put my phone in my pocket), I like the Sena Kutu (but it looks kinda flimsy) also none of these come for the droid but heard the iPhone version still fits it nicely. Anyone know of a combination of the two, that maybe also allows me to see the LED light? Appreciate any help!
    Last edited by JonKyu; 01-07-2010 at 11:25 PM.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    what app are you using to change the LED color? Im looking for an app that allows you to just change colors.
  3. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    i don't recall seeing an app that just changes the LED colors. I use handcent, so i just change my colors for texts.
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    i don't recall seeing an app that just changes the LED colors. I use handcent, so i just change my colors for texts.
    It's called "missed call" in the market right now the selection is a bit limited but you can change the color of the LED light notification and it's freeeeee... really love maybe I could contact the developer and see if it would be possible to code into the app somehow.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Missed Call app lets you change LED colors, rings ect for various actions/notifications. It's supposed to let you change the LED duration(s) but that doesn't work for the Droid yet. But it's still functional.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    TEH ߀R DROID
    The missed call app allows you to change the LED color for calls/texts.

Wagner
    If I owned an iPhone then I would think that iSUCK
    DROID FOR LIFE
    VIC DROID Member #1
    "So you took it apart and now it doesn't work? Why does that not surprise me?"
    "If I don't remember it, it never happened"
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Is the LED light supposed to blink red after a missed call by default or do you have a separate application? I get a notification in the bar, but there is no light.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad0w325 View Post
    Is the LED light supposed to blink red after a missed call by default or do you have a separate application? I get a notification in the bar, but there is no light.

No, it doesnt blink red...you have to either get handcent or missed call to change colors. I didnt really like handcent because I like my msg's the way they are set up currently.

...Thanks I'll check out missed call.
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    It's called "missed call" in the market right now the selection is a bit limited but you can change the color of the LED light notification and it's freeeeee... really love maybe I could contact the developer and see if it would be possible to code into the app somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWgnr View Post
    The missed call app allows you to change the LED color for calls/texts.

Wagner

No, it doesnt blink red...you have to either get handcent or missed call to change colors. I didnt really like handcent because I like my msg's the way they are set up currently.

...Thanks I'll check out missed call.[/QUOTE]

does that answer your question?

Edit: ok wtf, I give up! editing on swype sucks majors ballz (or maybe its editing on android that sucks :/)
    Last edited by JonKyu; 01-08-2010 at 02:05 AM.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post
    Edit: ok wtf, I give up! editing on swype sucks majors ballz (or maybe its editing on android that sucks :/)
    It's still a beta (actually not even an 'officially release' beta) so stop your complaining, lol. But I do agree, there are several times/instances where the swype interface is less than functional. But that should change once Swpye looks to actually support the Android platform.

There is an alternative called ShapeWriter (essentially the same thing) that is VERY popular on the iPhone store but has mixed reviews on the Droid (but again, it's an early version on the Droid).
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links