DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is it that T-Mobile gets all the Hottest Devices?!?!

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    rossi636
    Phone
    D1 and iP4S

Why is it that T-Mobile gets all the Hottest Devices?!?!

Honestly, they got/get the first Google phone Nexsus 1, Nexsus S, mytouch 4G, Motorola Defy HTC Sensation........ so forth and so on. Seems they get the first crack at the coolest devices. I wonder why that is.
    David

►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I've wondered myself. Sprint is starting to get some great devices also. They also are embracing the Android community much more than big red is!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Rockin Rezound!!!
    Unlocked & Rooted
    Ineffabilis Rom (Sweeeeet)
  4. xan
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DX warranty #5 since feb '11
    TM0 probably just devotes a larger percentage of its revenue into subsidizing better handsets and less of it into network coverage and expansion.

they have to do something to differentiate themselves from the collusion, err I mean competition.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    GSM Galaxy S3 & GSM Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jchammer123 View Post
    I've wondered myself. Sprint is starting to get some great devices also. They also are embracing the Android community much more than big red is!

I agree. It seems that Verizon is losing interest in Android phones, as it concentrates on trying to be *the* provider for the iPhone. It sucks really, because Verizon was the place that Android really took off. But, I guess times change and Verizon has a new love...

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post

I agree. It seems that Verizon is losing interest in Android phones, as it concentrates on trying to be *the* provider for the iPhone. It sucks really, because Verizon was the place that Android really took off. But, I guess times change and Verizon has a new love...

-Mike
    You know, I'm a bit behind on my television viewing. I TiVo everything and I don't watch commercials, but I can't help but notice that there are a heck of a lot of TBolt commercial long after the iPhone came out. And I just see them sort of speeding by.

I think Verizon will continue to support Verizon, the TB commercials were quality as has been their previous commercials.

From what I see of them anyway.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Moot point now that all off the t-mobile stuff is being pulled from retail stores for the merger...only nom contact business continues.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyteravyn View Post
    Moot point now that all off the t-mobile stuff is being pulled from retail stores for the merger...only nom contact business continues.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    True. But I still think that Verizon is not giving up on supporting Android devices.

You got to remember those devices designed for T-Mobile are designed to work on their "4G" network. Some of those devices may not even work with AT&T and will have to be replaced.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    I'm still seeing T-Mobile commercials everyday online & on TV.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    GSM Galaxy S3 & GSM Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

-Mike
    You know, I'm a bit behind on my television viewing. I TiVo everything and I don't watch commercials, but I can't help but notice that there are a heck of a lot of TBolt commercial long after the iPhone came out. And I just see them sort of speeding by.

I think Verizon will continue to support Verizon, the TB commercials were quality as has been their previous commercials.

I'd guess that those are mostly paid for by HTC, who must have been infuriated by the bizarre way that Verizon screwed up the launch of their Thunderbolt. They claimed the phone was ready to go a full month before Verizon finally released the thing.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

-Mike

I should change my statement! I do believe that Verizon still supports the Android community. However I believe that Sprint is taking the "go big or go home" approach, which I think they need to to survive. Sprint is getting more and more state of the art phones in the next few months, including the Nexus S. Which may not be state of the art, but its a true development phone with a pure Android experience, rather than being clogged up with manufactures skins and other junk. Verizon just seems to be getting phones that are a hazard to the development community, and that they know will be "safe bets" for them. Which is fine, just not my preference.

Rockin Rezound!!!
    Unlocked & Rooted
    Ineffabilis Rom (Sweeeeet)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links