DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Is there someway I can do a factory reset and not have apps restored?

  1. Junior Droid
    celticdaddio's Avatar
    Member #
    138830
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Is there someway I can do a factory reset and not have apps restored?

    When I do a factory reset of my Droid and go through the setup process and everything I find that all my apps are restored. I don't necessarily want this. Sometimes I want to do a factory reset to wipe out my apps and then reinstall the ones I really like. Is there someway I can do a factory reset and not have apps restored?
    CD
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    dfuser312553's Avatar
    Member #
    110383
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,084
    #2
    Uninstall the apps through the market prior to factory reset & they will not restore.
  4. Junior Droid
    celticdaddio's Avatar
    Member #
    138830
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3
    Any other way? I have a bunch of apps and I didn't want to have to go through all of those and uninstall... and the batch features on unistall apps still require I go through the process of click uninstall, tell why etc.
  5. Droid
    sharkerbaby's Avatar
    Member #
    123344
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    I'm not sure if it'll work on a non rooted device but once the phone boots rather than inputting your google account if you tap the four corners clockwise beginning with the upper left corner you should be able to go into the market and selectively install whatever apps you choose.
  6. Master Droid
    Skull One's Avatar
    Member #
    45849
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    760
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4S daily. Droid and DX
    #5
    Sharkerbaby is correct.

    The procedure is to start at the top left and work clockwise touching each of the four corners. Then you go to the market, which asks you to sign in. Do so. Leave the Market and go into system settings, Accounts & sync to setup your accounts needed.

    This is currently the only way I am aware of to get the affect your are looking for.
    Facts are the very first casuality of bad information.
  7. Droid
    Metalunna's Avatar
    Member #
    38456
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    54
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    S4
    #6
    Do a factory reset of your phone.
    When it asks for your Google ID, just "Next through it". Dont enter an ID.
    When the Home screen appears, go to Settings - Privacy. Uncheck "Backup my data" and Automatic Restore.

    (EDIT) - Now associate your phone with your google ID
    I believe that once you associate your phone, you should be able to go into the market and download the apps you want.

    I did this to my phone a while ago..I found this out because I could not for the life of me figure out why my WIFI settings kept appearing after a factory reset.

    BTW..this was on a D1
  8. Droid Ninja
    BigMcGuire's Avatar
    Member #
    15290
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,040
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Uninstall the apps through the market prior to factory reset & they will not restore.
    If I want a fresh install, this is what I do ^^. Just uninstall everything and then re-flash after wiping (I'm rooted). This works for non-rooted as well.
  9. Developer
    gflam's Avatar
    Member #
    77717
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,884
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @init2winitapps
    Phone
    Moto Droid/HTC Evo 3D
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    #8
    What i always do is when you first sign in and all just set the phone to wifi or airplane mode that should disrupt the restore and then if you come back out of wifi or airplane mode right after it shouldn't start up again
  10. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull One View Post
    Sharkerbaby is correct.

    The procedure is to start at the top left and work clockwise touching each of the four corners. Then you go to the market, which asks you to sign in. Do so. Leave the Market and go into system settings, Accounts & sync to setup your accounts needed.

    This is currently the only way I am aware of to get the affect your are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalunna View Post
    Do a factory reset of your phone.
    When it asks for your Google ID, just "Next through it". Dont enter an ID.
    When the Home screen appears, go to Settings - Privacy. Uncheck "Backup my data" and Automatic Restore.

    (EDIT) - Now associate your phone with your google ID
    I believe that once you associate your phone, you should be able to go into the market and download the apps you want.

    I did this to my phone a while ago..I found this out because I could not for the life of me figure out why my WIFI settings kept appearing after a factory reset.

    BTW..this was on a D1
    Quote Originally Posted by gflam View Post
    What i always do is when you first sign in and all just set the phone to wifi or airplane mode that should disrupt the restore and then if you come back out of wifi or airplane mode right after it shouldn't start up again
    Wow, I never knew any of these ideas. Thanks guys.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  11. Senior Droid
    Troops2990's Avatar
    Member #
    93171
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    232
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #10
    When i unrooted mine none of my apps came back (except for the paid ones) for some reason eventhough i signed in right away... Also the g/f's phone was acting up and verizon told me to do a factory reset and none of her's came back automatically either..but in the past after installing a new rom on mine they would come back.. howcome sometimes it does it automatically and sometimes not?

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Some apps will not re-download after factory reset
    By draexo in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 12:21 PM
  2. Factory reset restore apps
    By c308682 in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 05:58 PM
  3. Factory Data Reset...Where's My Apps?
    By looneytoone in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 06:50 AM
  4. after factory reset, some apps and wallpaper ...
    By miniflyboy in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 10:37 AM
  5. Factory reset apps restore
    By stevo95 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 08:17 PM

Search tags for this page

auto reset droid bionic to factory defaults

,

bionic restores apps after factory reset

,
droid atrix software reset
,

how do i reset my thunderbolt to factory settings

,
how to reset droid 3 to factory settings
,
is there an app to uninstall factory apps
,
is there app that will restore my droid bionic
,
is there some way to reset my android incredible
,
restore android to factory settings not apps
,
why do i have to keep doing factory reset for droid
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+