DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Store refuse to exchange loose Slide Droid?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID

Thumbs down Verizon Store refuse to exchange loose Slide Droid?

I just went to the Verizon Wireless Store today because my 5 day old Droid's slide is already loose.

The Manager of the store told me that this is normal wear and tear.

Even though the 3 other customers who were in line with me in the store, all have had their DROIDs longer, did not have this issue.

The DROID belong to a person who works in the store (which is also an older DROID) do not have this problem.

So the Manager refused to exchange the DROID for me. Luckily my DROID is only 5 day old so I just returned the whole thing.

Does anyone else have had a more satisfactory resolution to this problem? If so, what steps did you do to resolve it?

If not I guess I'll just wait for my contract to be over and change to iPhone or something. It was one of the worse customer service experience I have ever had.
    Last edited by JamesX; 01-07-2010 at 12:01 AM.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Don't let a horrible store manager ruin your Droid experience. Did you remove the plastic from the back of the screen? That has been known to cause a loose slide.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    That is BS on the manager's part. This is not normal wear and tear. Something like this will happen, but later down the road like many many months later. This is not suppose to happen to a 5 day old Droid. I would complain about this to Verizon.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Sorry to hear that man but no mine works fine... try putting a case on it if you dont already have 1... I have a Seidio case on mines and it makes the sliding keyboard come out a little bit harder
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I too had a less than satisfactory experience with Verizon, my Droid had a good bit of dust under the glass in less than a week. The store wouldn't change it out, but I am getting a replacement in the mail..new or not I do not know. It's really bothersome that people keep getting hassled by Verizon for trying to use what they are entitled to...so much for 30 day "worry free" period.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Nope. I don't even slide the phone open. From my memory (the phone was returned so can't check now) it still have the black plastic cover thingy on the back of the screen.

I only removed the transparent sticker on the screen. Everything else I left it as it is.

I want to get another Droid but the Manager informed me that if I try to buy any phone from Verizon Wireless within 30 days I will be charged $35 restocking fee because I returned my DROID without any manufacturing flaw.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesX View Post
    Nope. I don't even slide the phone open. From my memory (the phone was returned so can't check now) it still have the black plastic cover thingy on the back of the screen.

I only removed the transparent sticker on the screen. Everything else I left it as it is.

I want to get another Droid but the Manager informed me that if I try to buy any phone from Verizon Wireless within 30 days I will be charged $35 restocking fee because I returned my DROID without any manufacturing flaw.
    Wow. Great customer service. They rather lose a customer than to exchange it for a new phone to KEEP you as a customer. Just wow.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesX View Post

Go to another store, and if they give you the same BS call Verizon and complain.
  10. ips
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    rooted Droid w/ jrummy 0.7
    Ive found that phone support is usually fantastic while the stores are hit and miss. The stores by school are awful and I was really screwed over by the manager at one of them...and the stores by my house are usually not the best but ok. Every time Ive called VZW support they have solved my issue and helped me a lot. If you dont want them to send you the replacement ask them to note your account for something, the people in the store have to listen to something noted in the account by VZW phone support.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Just call Verizon and have them replace it.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links