DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Gingerbread is here?????

  1. Droid
    wdcspurs's Avatar
    Member #
    164908
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    77
    Phone
    DROID X
    #1

    Exclamation Gingerbread is here?????

    New Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread build for Droid X reportedly is pushing over the air [Update: Verizon says no update yet] | Android Central

    I came across this earlier and need some help with figuring out what to do. The above link leads to a download for the Gingerbread OS for my Droid X.

    1)Is this an official Verizon Gignerbread build? It makes it seem like that. Am I safe with doing this manually or should I wait for the OTA update from Verizon?

    2)Also, my Droid X is rooted. I have heard that when I update the OS, I lose the root. Is that true and anything I need to do before I manually update to Gingerbread because my phone is rooted.

    3)The very last question is if I manually download this to my phone, What happens when Verizon pushes the OTA update? Will it still update on my phone or not touch it because of me doing it manually?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Droid annoymous's Avatar
    Member #
    85531
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,097
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by wdcspurs View Post
    New Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread build for Droid X reportedly is pushing over the air [Update: Verizon says no update yet] | Android Central

    I came across this earlier and need some help with figuring out what to do. The above link leads to a download for the Gingerbread OS for my Droid X.

    1)Is this an official Verizon Gignerbread build? It makes it seem like that. Am I safe with doing this manually or should I wait for the OTA update from Verizon?

    2)Also, my Droid X is rooted. I have heard that when I update the OS, I lose the root. Is that true and anything I need to do before I manually update to Gingerbread because my phone is rooted.

    3)The very last question is if I manually download this to my phone, What happens when Verizon pushes the OTA update? Will it still update on my phone or not touch it because of me doing it manually?
    This isn't official even though it is being pushed to some devices. Verizon would clearly say gb is rolling out but they deny that they released gb. If they are I don't see a reason for them lieing about it. You can manually do this and be fine and you can ota with no problems. Yes you will lose root you will have to flash sbf file to be stock then you manually install update. When it is officially released there will be more details as of now this isn't considered a ota. I would say this is more of a stable release then the leak. If you ask me I say wait till verizon officially says gb is out instead of downloading now and you will have to start the whole sbf process again.

    Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up
  3. Droid
    wdcspurs's Avatar
    Member #
    164908
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    77
    Phone
    DROID X
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid annoymous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wdcspurs View Post
    New Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread build for Droid X reportedly is pushing over the air [Update: Verizon says no update yet] | Android Central

    I came across this earlier and need some help with figuring out what to do. The above link leads to a download for the Gingerbread OS for my Droid X.

    1)Is this an official Verizon Gignerbread build? It makes it seem like that. Am I safe with doing this manually or should I wait for the OTA update from Verizon?

    2)Also, my Droid X is rooted. I have heard that when I update the OS, I lose the root. Is that true and anything I need to do before I manually update to Gingerbread because my phone is rooted.

    3)The very last question is if I manually download this to my phone, What happens when Verizon pushes the OTA update? Will it still update on my phone or not touch it because of me doing it manually?
    This isn't official even though it is being pushed to some devices. Verizon would clearly say gb is rolling out but they deny that they released gb. If they are I don't see a reason for them lieing about it. You can manually do this and be fine and you can ota with no problems. Yes you will lose root you will have to flash sbf file to be stock then you manually install update. When it is officially released there will be more details as of now this isn't considered a ota. I would say this is more of a stable release then the leak. If you ask me I say wait till verizon officially says gb is out instead of downloading now and you will have to start the whole sbf process again.

    Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up
    Appreciate the reply. If I wait for the OTA, and my phone sits as it is now (rooted), will it just install as normal or do I need to be back to the stock to recieve the OTA? Also, when you say flash the sbf file to be stock, is that simply just unrooting my phone?
  4. Junior Droid
    BORICUAPRINCE1's Avatar
    Member #
    39679
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    DROID X
    #4
    Where do you get it

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Droid Ninja
    Droid annoymous's Avatar
    Member #
    85531
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,097
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wdcspurs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid annoymous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wdcspurs View Post
    New Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread build for Droid X reportedly is pushing over the air [Update: Verizon says no update yet] | Android Central

    I came across this earlier and need some help with figuring out what to do. The above link leads to a download for the Gingerbread OS for my Droid X.

    1)Is this an official Verizon Gignerbread build? It makes it seem like that. Am I safe with doing this manually or should I wait for the OTA update from Verizon?

    2)Also, my Droid X is rooted. I have heard that when I update the OS, I lose the root. Is that true and anything I need to do before I manually update to Gingerbread because my phone is rooted.

    3)The very last question is if I manually download this to my phone, What happens when Verizon pushes the OTA update? Will it still update on my phone or not touch it because of me doing it manually?
    This isn't official even though it is being pushed to some devices. Verizon would clearly say gb is rolling out but they deny that they released gb. If they are I don't see a reason for them lieing about it. You can manually do this and be fine and you can ota with no problems. Yes you will lose root you will have to flash sbf file to be stock then you manually install update. When it is officially released there will be more details as of now this isn't considered a ota. I would say this is more of a stable release then the leak. If you ask me I say wait till verizon officially says gb is out instead of downloading now and you will have to start the whole sbf process again.

    Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up
    Appreciate the reply. If I wait for the OTA, and my phone sits as it is now (rooted), will it just install as normal or do I need to be back to the stock to recieve the OTA? Also, when you say flash the sbf file to be stock, is that simply just unrooting my phone?
    Back to stock to receive update and this is confirmed to be a leak so I suggest wait till may for ota. And sbf well take your phone to stock everything meaning it will be just like a brand new phone.

    Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up
  6. Droid
    wdcspurs's Avatar
    Member #
    164908
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    77
    Phone
    DROID X
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid annoymous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wdcspurs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid annoymous View Post

    This isn't official even though it is being pushed to some devices. Verizon would clearly say gb is rolling out but they deny that they released gb. If they are I don't see a reason for them lieing about it. You can manually do this and be fine and you can ota with no problems. Yes you will lose root you will have to flash sbf file to be stock then you manually install update. When it is officially released there will be more details as of now this isn't considered a ota. I would say this is more of a stable release then the leak. If you ask me I say wait till verizon officially says gb is out instead of downloading now and you will have to start the whole sbf process again.

    Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up


    Appreciate the reply. If I wait for the OTA, and my phone sits as it is now (rooted), will it just install as normal or do I need to be back to the stock to recieve the OTA? Also, when you say flash the sbf file to be stock, is that simply just unrooting my phone?
    Back to stock to receive update and this is confirmed to be a leak so I suggest wait till may for ota. And sbf well take your phone to stock everything meaning it will be just like a brand new phone.

    Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up
    How do i get back to Stock? Remove the root?
  7. Droid Newbie
    reddobe's Avatar
    Member #
    188803
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7
    I thought it was coming out my old X was going to download it but it died and now I keep going and checking for updates and it says my phone id up to date.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  8. Droid Ninja
    Droid annoymous's Avatar
    Member #
    85531
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,097
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by wdcspurs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid annoymous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wdcspurs View Post



    Appreciate the reply. If I wait for the OTA, and my phone sits as it is now (rooted), will it just install as normal or do I need to be back to the stock to recieve the OTA? Also, when you say flash the sbf file to be stock, is that simply just unrooting my phone?
    Back to stock to receive update and this is confirmed to be a leak so I suggest wait till may for ota. And sbf well take your phone to stock everything meaning it will be just like a brand new phone.

    Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up
    How do i get back to Stock? Remove the root?
    You have to flash sbf through rsd I'm sure if you ask In other threads someone will give it to you.

    Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up
  9. Droid Ninja
    Droid annoymous's Avatar
    Member #
    85531
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,097
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by reddobe View Post
    I thought it was coming out my old X was going to download it but it died and now I keep going and checking for updates and it says my phone id up to date.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Droid life has the update for download go there but like I said before this isn't officially its considered a leak.

    Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 08:59 PM
  2. [Gingerbread Theme] Stock Gingerbread Theme
    By belanova in forum Droid X Roms
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 09:43 AM
  3. Gingerbread for D2G?
    By Ultim8gamr in forum Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 05:58 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 09:18 AM
  5. GingerBread
    By kant5t1km3 in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 08:22 PM

Search tags for this page

can droid x phones with leak recieve ota update 2.3
,
can i download 2.3 to my veriozn droid
,
can i update to gingerbread if my phone is rooted
,
can you manually download gingerbread from verizon website
,
download link for verizons android 2.3 update for rooted dro
,
gingerbread manually update verizon
,
gingerbread not pushed to my droid
,
gingerbread update in store phone is rooted
,
how do i do the gingerbread over the air update
,
how to manually update to gingerbread moto droid
,
is it true that the gingerbread update will block rooting?
,
it says my device is up to date gingerbread droid x
,

os gingerbread verizon

,
over the air release date for gingerbread 2.3 on droid 2 glo
,
should i put gingerbread on my droid x or wait for verizon u
,
verizon droid x gingerbread says up to date
,

verizon pushing gingerbread

,
verizon pushing gingerbread out to droid x
,
verizon to push 2.3 update for droid x
,
what happens if you installed gingerbread before the ota upd
,
what happens when gingerbread update is pushed
,
what happens when you et an ota and your phone dies
,
what happens when you ota update to gingerbread rooted droid
,

when should i receive the gingerbread ota update for my droi

,
when will droid x 2.3 gingerbread be released in north carol
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+