DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any reason why it seems Verizon gets phones Last?

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 13th angel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BGKris View Post

hahah exactly!
    Come on, that argument might have been valid before the smartphones and android phones came out.
    Just look at all the bloat they add to it. It takes time to wire it in there how they have it where the only way to remove is with root.

Reason that vzw is the last to get phones: the company doesnt agree to vzw's terms to host their phone, easy as that. Thats also why we probably wont see another true google experience phone on vzw.
    The bloatware is not crippling a device. Come on, I gave some valid "crippling" in the past, I want to hear what's "cripplied" on the android phones. I can tell you with AT&T they're not allowing non-market apps to work on their androids, that's crippling. Where's the VZW crippling of our devices.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Come on, that argument might have been valid before the smartphones and android phones came out.
    Just look at all the bloat they add to it. It takes time to wire it in there how they have it where the only way to remove is with root.

Reason that vzw is the last to get phones: the company doesnt agree to vzw's terms to host their phone, easy as that. Thats also why we probably wont see another true google experience phone on vzw.
    The bloatware is not crippling a device. Come on, I gave some valid "crippling" in the past, I want to hear what's "cripplied" on the android phones. I can tell you with AT&T they're not allowing non-market apps to work on their androids, that's crippling. Where's the VZW crippling of our devices.
    Bloatware cripples it when it helps drain your battery even faster or when it causes your phone to lag or freeze. +1 on the at&t crap, i couldnt do it. I use TiBu too much and like having all of my data saved.
    CM9 builds for D2G, D2, and DX
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member

Bloatware cripples it when it helps drain your battery even faster or when it causes your phone to lag or freeze. +1 on the at&t crap, i couldnt do it. I use TiBu too much and like having all of my data saved.
    For as much as I dislike bloatware on my TB, I don't think the intent was to purposely cause battery drainage. If I want Blockbuster app, I'll get it from the app store, I agree. As for Titanium Backup, I've had it since my OG Droid rooted in the end of 2009. It's a must when you root your phone.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    Any reason why it seems Verizon gets phones Last?
    Perception. Every carrier forum out there has people complaining about not getting the latest devices. They can't all not be getting the latest, obviously.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by freezyfreaky View Post
    My theory is that there are more cellular networks using GSM rather than CDMA. Verizon is only the biggest in the US. Europe uses GSM.
    Yeah Ive considered that, but that doesnt explain Sprint which is also CDMA.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Perception. Every carrier forum out there has people complaining about not getting the latest devices. They can't all not be getting the latest, obviously.
    Maybe to a degree, but with Verizon its a proven fact that they get the phones last or not at all. All you have to do is look at the Evo, we just got a TB. Atrix, were getting the Bionic...someday, BBs? How about the Torch, Style and the Bold which came out on Sprint first as well. Thats just off of the top of my head.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    My theory is that there are more cellular networks using GSM rather than CDMA. Verizon is only the biggest in the US. Europe uses GSM.

Maybe to a degree, but with Verizon its a proven fact that they get the phones last or not at all. All you have to do is look at the Evo, we just got a TB. Atrix, were getting the Bionic...someday, BBs? How about the Torch, Style and the Bold which came out on Sprint first as well. Thats just off of the top of my head.
    What I'm saying is the phone manufacturers will target networks with the most market penetration. So back in the in the 3G days, there were more GSM networks than CDMA so they develop phones for those networks first.

Today with 4G, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc. all came out with their WiMAX and HSPA+ networks first. Verizon were the last ones to come out with their LTE network. You can't be surprised that Verizon is the last to get the latest 4G phones developed for it.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Yeah, they were the last with the Moto Droid, BB Storm, HTC Incredible, Xoom, and iPad2 right?

Sent from my DROIDX
  8. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1678 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    To answer the reason is because control. Vzw wants to control what is on their network. Most oems will not limit its features when they are trying to release a revolutonary device. Htc is known for allowing its devices to be able to update through ruu by downloading file.and installing through sync. Verizon'S main customer base are business customers. Most business customers dont have time or the want to have to find files and download drivers to update so vzw does it all for them. Control isnt all that bad and people rely on vzw to basically take care of the little things. I like that i can call vzw and say i think my phone is messed up and they send me a new one and take care of the rest. You have to think outside of the android community and vzw is putting in place the ability to handle the details because no one want to pay top dollar to a carrier and not expect that. Like every one else i want new devices but it seems by delaying vzw can improve on some issues. The iphone 4 was known for antenna issues and vzw version changed the location of the gap. I am.sure we will notice some improvements with the tbolt ovr the evo.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droidx
    Lol nice

Sent from my DROIDX
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links