DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Tubeing/Tubing with my phone in my pocket.

  1. Droid Newbie
    Kolmen's Avatar
    Member #
    188514
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #1

    Tubeing/Tubing with my phone in my pocket.

    I went out on the lake with a few friends and went tubing with my phone in my pocket. I took the battery out and everything (This happend over 30 hours ago) I put it in rice/blow dried it and waved it around a few trillion times. Does anyone know a 100% way to know that the insides are dry so i can put battery back in and test it? ((Phone is a droid 2))


    Edit; I Turned the phone on just now and everything works! Except the screen.. Litterally just the screen is black even the touch screen works though.. It talks i got a notification that someone texted me and everything i even unlocked it without looking at it.. Lol, Everything is there but the screen will show nothing? Anyone know what i can do to fix this?
    Last edited by Kolmen; 04-12-2011 at 12:02 PM.
  2. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,399
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #2
    How to Save a Wet Cell Phone - wikiHow

    Google is your friend

    Unfortunately you used a blowdryer which has been known to cause further damage. Leave it in a bowl of rice for 1.5days and then try it.

    How'd you forget to take it out of your pocket in the first place?
  3. Droid Newbie
    Kolmen's Avatar
    Member #
    188514
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    How to Save a Wet Cell Phone - wikiHow

    Google is your friend

    Unfortunately you used a blowdryer which has been known to cause further damage. Leave it in a bowl of rice for 1.5days and then try it.

    How'd you forget to take it out of your pocket in the first place?
    Ehh, Im 16. and i dont go tubing everyday so i was a bit on edge about it so having my phone just slipped my mind. Hope it works if i doesnt i have to wait till december then ill get me a Droid Bionic.
  4. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,399
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolmen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    How to Save a Wet Cell Phone - wikiHow

    Google is your friend

    Unfortunately you used a blowdryer which has been known to cause further damage. Leave it in a bowl of rice for 1.5days and then try it.

    How'd you forget to take it out of your pocket in the first place?
    Ehh, Im 16. and i dont go tubing everyday so i was a bit on edge about it so having my phone just slipped my mind. Hope it works if i doesnt i have to wait till december then ill get me a Droid Bionic.
    Hahaha, spontaneous moments, i still have'em too. I'm only 22 so I know where you're comin from.

    I'd let the phone sit in a bowl of rice for maybe another night (you don't use it when you sleep anyway) and try it in the morning. Hope it works out for ya! If not, let it be a lesson
  5. Droid Newbie
    Kolmen's Avatar
    Member #
    188514
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolmen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    How to Save a Wet Cell Phone - wikiHow

    Google is your friend

    Unfortunately you used a blowdryer which has been known to cause further damage. Leave it in a bowl of rice for 1.5days and then try it.

    How'd you forget to take it out of your pocket in the first place?
    Ehh, Im 16. and i dont go tubing everyday so i was a bit on edge about it so having my phone just slipped my mind. Hope it works if i doesnt i have to wait till december then ill get me a Droid Bionic.
    Hahaha, spontaneous moments, i still have'em too. I'm only 22 so I know where you're comin from.

    I'd let the phone sit in a bowl of rice for maybe another night (you don't use it when you sleep anyway) and try it in the morning. Hope it works out for ya! If not, let it be a lesson
    AHH, Goodstuff :P And I appreciate the help ill be back on here tomorrow with the news of how it went if it doesnt work.

    :'( Lessons will be learned. Hopefully ill be here on my phone though seems like a nice place to troll around and learn about phones and talk about my never ending love for tech :P
  6. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,399
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolmen View Post

    AHH, Goodstuff :P And I appreciate the help ill be back on here tomorrow with the news of how it went if it doesnt work.

    :'( Lessons will be learned. Hopefully ill be here on my phone though seems like a nice place to troll around and learn about phones and talk about my never ending love for tech :P
    I hope you meant to type "stroll" and not "troll". We don't take too kindly to trolls around here. LOL!

    Stick around and enjoy though. There's what seems and endless amount of information here and we'll help you better understand your Droid.

    Please give us some updates on whether it works or not. Maybe some other users might chime in for some better remedies. I have heard of some users letting it sit in rice for a good 3 days though...
  7. Droid Sensei
    takeshi's Avatar
    Member #
    10236
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,600
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolmen View Post
    Does anyone know a 100% way to know that the insides are dry so i can put battery back in and test it? ((Phone is a droid 2))
    Short of complete disassembly, no. It will takes days to dry out.

    If you have to take your phone on the water then check out something like the Otterbox (not their smartphone cases but their waterproof boxes).
  8. Droid Newbie
    Kolmen's Avatar
    Member #
    188514
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolmen View Post
    Does anyone know a 100% way to know that the insides are dry so i can put battery back in and test it? ((Phone is a droid 2))
    Short of complete disassembly, no. It will takes days to dry out.

    If you have to take your phone on the water then check out something like the Otterbox (not their smartphone cases but their waterproof boxes).
    I turned it on and i get a black screen i can controll the touchscreen and everything all that works but i cant see anything, You know anything i can do to fix that? Mabye replace the screen?
  9. Master Droid
    donerico's Avatar
    Member #
    14603
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    353
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #9

    I dropped my Droid in 2 Feet of watter

    About eight months ago. I immediately took the battery out and put the phone in rice for several days, one step I took but would not recommend was to put the bowl with the rice and the phone in the oven for a little while (it got too hot), in any case, the phone is working just fine 8 months latter. The power button has recently started to act up, but I think that is from normal wear and tear, I have had the phone for almost two years. I have insurance but rather keep my good old Droid than get a refurb.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Phone used to wake when I removed from my pocket.
    By slowlypokin in forum Thunderbolt Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 09:41 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 07:29 PM
  3. Pocket Power: burning my battery from pocket jostle
    By jirish in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 08:07 PM
  4. Is the X truly a "pocket" phone?
    By sonicxtacy02 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 09:50 AM
  5. Wow, does this phone pocket dial alot.
    By greyghost04 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 11:40 AM

Search tags for this page

droid 3 got wet and screen is black

,

droid phone got wet and is blank but on

,

how to dry a touch screen phone

,

i took my droid from my pocket and it was check

,

my phone got wet and everything works except for the screen

,

tubing with a cell phone

,

went tubing /droid incredible/got wet

,

wet droid works but has blank screen

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+