DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Annual upgrade to a 1 yr contract?

  1. Senior Droid
    dafischman's Avatar
    Member #
    26115
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    129
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #1

    Annual upgrade to a 1 yr contract?

    Just went to get TBolt, was using my last annual upgrade, I'm 15 months into my current contract. They told me I couldn't do a 1 yr, they didn't know why, said the system was giving them the 2yr contract price and they wouldn't sell it to me at that. And they couldn't manually charge me the 1 yr price, even though the system let them put the 1 yr on my account. Messed up, is that typical. If so, that's fine, just wondering.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. Senior Droid
    dafischman's Avatar
    Member #
    26115
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    129
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #2
    So just got home and did some searching. Apparently you can only do the 1yr if your contract is completely expired. Not sure if this is the way it has always been, but that is what I'm being told everywhere(store, CS, website). So that forces my decision on waiting for the Bionic. I like the TB, but being stuck on it for 2 years vs being stuck on the Bionic for 2 years seems like an easy decision. Anyone think one of these 2 phones will have a higher resale value in 10-15months? That might make a difference too.

    Josh
  3. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #3
    Don't forget VZW has said they are doing away with 1yr contracts all together... I forget what the cut off date was.... mid April IIRC.
  4. Senior Droid
    vzdroid13's Avatar
    Member #
    162013
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    142
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    A Verizon Customer Service Rep clearly told me that I could do it, and also when I was buying my TB on an anual upgrade I could do it. Try a different store or call Customer Service, because you certainly CAN annual upgrade to a 1 year.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. Senior Droid
    dafischman's Avatar
    Member #
    26115
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    129
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by vzdroid13 View Post
    A Verizon Customer Service Rep clearly told me that I could do it, and also when I was buying my TB on an anual upgrade I could do it. Try a different store or call Customer Service, because you certainly CAN annual upgrade to a 1 year.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Bah, see this is frustrating, so far I've called 2 CS reps and have been told the same thing. Their website won't let me choose a 1yr once I get into the system, and my local store told me it let them choose the 1yr, but they were getting 2yr prices and refused to sell it to me. They said they think VZW has already started moving the system away from the 1yr.

    Talk about frustrating.

    Josh
  6. Senior Droid
    vzdroid13's Avatar
    Member #
    162013
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    142
    Phone
    Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dafischman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vzdroid13 View Post
    A Verizon Customer Service Rep clearly told me that I could do it, and also when I was buying my TB on an anual upgrade I could do it. Try a different store or call Customer Service, because you certainly CAN annual upgrade to a 1 year.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Bah, see this is frustrating, so far I've called 2 CS reps and have been told the same thing. Their website won't let me choose a 1yr once I get into the system, and my local store told me it let them choose the 1yr, but they were getting 2yr prices and refused to sell it to me. They said they think VZW has already started moving the system away from the 1yr.

    Talk about frustrating.

    Josh
    What? They have no right to not sell you the phone. For all they know, Verizon could have made the 2 year and 1 year price the same for this last week. You should try another store or file a complaint. It doesn't matter what they are used to doing; if you want an offered plan and their computer is allowing them to set up that plan, they can't just say no.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. Senior Droid
    dafischman's Avatar
    Member #
    26115
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    129
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #7
    Update!!!!

    Well, after being very persistent, I got a rep on the phone who helped me out. he was having the same problem where the phone price was still $249 even though he had the 1 year in the system, so he said it was my lucky day and he gave me the TBolt for $249 with the 1 year contract. He even went back in to verify that the system updated to a 1 year. Hears hoping that everything works out the way he said!

    Josh
  8. Senior Droid
    dafischman's Avatar
    Member #
    26115
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    129
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vzdroid13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dafischman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vzdroid13 View Post
    A Verizon Customer Service Rep clearly told me that I could do it, and also when I was buying my TB on an anual upgrade I could do it. Try a different store or call Customer Service, because you certainly CAN annual upgrade to a 1 year.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Bah, see this is frustrating, so far I've called 2 CS reps and have been told the same thing. Their website won't let me choose a 1yr once I get into the system, and my local store told me it let them choose the 1yr, but they were getting 2yr prices and refused to sell it to me. They said they think VZW has already started moving the system away from the 1yr.

    Talk about frustrating.

    Josh
    What? They have no right to not sell you the phone. For all they know, Verizon could have made the 2 year and 1 year price the same for this last week. You should try another store or file a complaint. It doesn't matter what they are used to doing; if you want an offered plan and their computer is allowing them to set up that plan, they can't just say no.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    LOL, this was exactly my thought! I was like, maybe theres a special on it, and the guy said, no, somethings wrong, I can't put it through with that price. And his manager was standing next to him and said, "ya, it's because they're getting rid of the 1 yr, they must have already gotten rid of it on the TB and the system isn't fully updated." Whatever the issue causing that price, I just got the same price over the phone from a CS rep for the 1 year and he put it through. Woo Hoo. He said it might've been an issue with our Alltel plan since we were grandfathered in. He said he could make it work, but he was missing some code so he'd have to do it all manually. Makes me think the guys at the local VZW didn't wan't to take the time.

    Josh

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Bad info from a Verizon Rep? (Annual Upgrade)
    By Eddog4DROID in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 07:24 PM
  2. Annual Upgrade Question
    By Detonation in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 09:11 AM
  3. Who Bought a DROID in 2009 and used their annual upgrade already
    By Eddog4DROID in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 10:13 PM
  4. Annual Upgrade and Amazon Question
    By psupride in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 08:45 PM
  5. Verizon ANNUAL upgrade and Wirefly
    By Eddog4DROID in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 02:25 PM

Search tags for this page

annual upgrade at verizon
,
annual upgrade cutoff date verizon
,
cutoff date for annual upgrades verizon
,
verizion annual contract
,

verizon annual contract

,

verizon annual contract update phone prices

,
verizon annual upgrade option
,
verizon cutoff annual upgrade
,
verizon upgrade date yearly
,
verizon upgrade yearly
,
when was the annual upgrade cut off for verizon
,

when was the cutoff date for annual upgrades with verizon

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+