DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better battery life after unrooting Droid

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Xperia Play

Better battery life after unrooting Droid

I just Unrooted my phone today. I'm currently on stock froyo now my phone has better battery life and it runs alot faster.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    and you are now limited on what you can do, but good for you

Why not go to stock froyo with root access?
    Last edited by ndhill1976; 04-01-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: afterthought
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I actually get better life from rooting. So far, after a normal 10 hour day, I return home with 80% battery remaining... this is with normal to heavy texting. Mind you, I have done some tweaking with memory programs, but the phone is uber responsive with little to no lag... no redraws, no lost texts.

CM7 RC4... check it out.
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    DroidForums.net Developer
    That's wrong. Rooting doesn't affect anything unless YOU do something to affect it. Root is just the equivalent of logging into a windows computer as admin. Just because you have admin doesn't mean that the computer gets an extra 2 gigs of ram.....

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2
    Last edited by 13th angel; 04-03-2011 at 04:14 AM.
    CM9 builds for D2G, D2, and DX
  6. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 13th angel View Post
    That's wrong. Rooting doesn't affect anything unless YOU do something to affect it. Root is just the equivalent of logging into a windows computer as admin. Just because you have admit doesn't mean that the computer gets an extra 2 gigs of ram.....

+10

This thread has been Thunder struck!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ILUVDROID View Post
    I just Unrooted my phone today. I'm currently on stock froyo now my phone has better battery life and it runs alot faster.
    I have been tossing around the idea of doing this too. I love having a rooted phone with a custom rom, but for me, the roms are too sensitive. Seems like I'm constantly tweaking this or that trying to extend battery life. I have tried every method possible to get the longest battery life but nothing really makes it any better. Also, it seems like something is always not working correctly (i.e. Wifi unable to keep a constant connection, led notification light not blinking correctly, random reboots, etc.) I love having a phone that I can control how fast it runs,the ability to modify screen settings and appearance, and wireless tethering. Honestly, I've only used wireless tethering once, and that was to see if it worked. I can always use PDA net, if I really need to tether. If I'm being completely honest, it also seems that one needs a degree in knowing how to tweak, install or "flash" a custom rom and then to perform the proper tweaks on it to keep it running at an acceptable level. Seriously, I don't have time to keep playing with my phone everyday so that I can maintain my knowledge on what steps to follow, or which kernels to experiment with. I'm sure that having a rooted phone with a custom rom is perfectly satisfying to most people, however, I just don't believe I'm one of those people. Perhaps I'll try stock with root access and see how that goes. ILUVDROID...what steps did you use to return to stock? Btw, I'm using Chevy1's SS 5.2 (best rom out of them all).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    That's wrong. Rooting doesn't affect anything unless YOU do something to affect it. Root is just the equivalent of logging into a windows computer as admin. Just because you have admit doesn't mean that the computer gets an extra 2 gigs of ram.....

Rooting as itself may not, however the rom means everything. Coming from FroYo to GB is where the change in battery life and performance was made. Plain and simple... it is coded better to manage everything that is running. You must have mis-understood.
  9. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allen2288 View Post

Rooting as itself may not, however the rom means everything. Coming from FroYo to GB is where the change in battery life and performance was made. Plain and simple... it is coded better to manage everything that is running. You must have mis-understood.
    Agreed. However, the title of the thread has nothing to do with which ROM works better.

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by allen2288 View Post
    That's wrong. Rooting doesn't affect anything unless YOU do something to affect it. Root is just the equivalent of logging into a windows computer as admin. Just because you have admin doesn't mean that the computer gets an extra 2 gigs of ram.....

No, i understood perfectly. The OP didnt say what rom they were on before so there is no way to determine if that was the cause of better battery.
    Last edited by 13th angel; 04-03-2011 at 04:14 AM.
    CM9 builds for D2G, D2, and DX
  11. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    ^ This

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links